Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

Me too, and I agree it was terrific. Spoke to a couple of chaps in the long queue for the gents, and we all shared teenage reminiscences of listening to Seconds Out late in the evening in the dark, perhaps with the odd small whisky in our later teenage years!

antinchip and nostromo like this.
  2. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

My teenage daughter thought it was the best gig she has been to so far...

Whaleblue likes this.
  3. Ninety4degrees

Ninety4degrees I tried to tell her About Marx and Engels...

Lanterns on the Lake, last night; Storeys Field Centre, Cambridge.
    Good Acoustics in the venue. LotL played well. Felt alright, not to crammed in.

4. DipsyDave

DipsyDave pfm Member

Caravan at the Haymarket, Basingstoke on Wednesday. Were well aware of them in the 70s without ever really getting into them. Was a really good gig. Pye Hastings was the only original member in the line-up, but Mark Walker, the drummer, really stood out with his energy. Well worth the time and money.

webster likes this.
  5. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

First gig since lockdown was last Thursday in Manchester O2 Ritz - saw The Pineapple Thief (now with Gavin Harrison) and supported by the rather talented Alex Henry Foster from Montreal - a terrific night out

6. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Pleased to hear that - my better half and I are going to see them in Paris on the 23rd of this month.:)

tqineil likes this.
  7. tqineil

tqineil Ubi fides ibi lux et robur

The sound was exquisite, especially Gavin. If they're using the same support then make sure you don't miss them - the 7 piece Montreal group really put on a explosive 45 minute performance

webster likes this.
  8. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Thanks for the heads up - I'll do some investigating on Qobuz.

9. Engels

Engels pfm Member

10. Featsdont

Featsdont pfm Member

Del Amitri - Aberdeen Music Hall Tuesday 12th October. Superb career spanning set list with Justin Currie in excellent voice.

11. John C

John C pfm Member

Billy Hart quartet last night at Ronnie Scott’s. Mark Turner was excellent and no matter what anyone’s view on Ethan Iverson he is a tremendous musician.

12. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Lanterns on the Lake last night at Gorilla Manchester. Hazel was struggling with an almost lost voice, which was a real shame, good all the same though. Fingers crossed she has some voice left for Birmingham punters tonight.

13. rbrierle

rbrierle pfm Member

Snapped Ankles last Wed at Gorilla, Manchester. Enjoyed it altho arrived one minute before they started so hadn't 'settled in' ! Great energy.

14. antinchip

antinchip pfm Member

Steve Hackett last night at the New Theatre, Oxford. Excellent gig. My chum, himself a guitarist, who had not seen Steve live before, said "Wow!" quite a lot at the interval and afterwards. Otherwise he was transfixed throughout.

Whaleblue likes this.
  15. tobermory

tobermory pfm Member

Nation of Language, last week, here in Seattle. Mate had spare tix. I didn't know much about them, a very 80s electro sound. Think Blancmange, A-ha, or a 2nd division New Order.

Bit dubious about how much of the sound was 'live'. They are just bass, keyboards and vocals. The bassist didn't seem to be playing much, ditto the keyboard player, and the vocals were oh so perfect. If he had dropped the mic, I suspect the vocal would have STILL sounded perfect.

Yes, i am old, I expect a 'live show' to sound different to just playing the LP at home ;) Crowd loved it though, so who I am to moan?

16. yentone

yentone pfm Member

caroline at Cafe OTO on 7 October. Excellent band who I first saw at End of the Road festival in September. Support was Shovel Dance Collective who were also very good. Their EPs Dark Blue and Skydiving on to the library roof (!) are really good

Cafe OTO is such a good small space, I recommend it to anyone who is within reach of London. This was with a reduced attendance, but they are opening up to full capacity again soon - negative test results required.

17. guey

guey pfm Member

Haiku Salut last night at the South Street arts centre in Reading.
    I turned to the mate I went with at the end, and said "That was the very definition of charming". He knew nothing of them beforehand, and came away a fan too.
    Touches of early Four Tet, Colleen, and a hint of Vini Reilly about the guitar at times; but very much their own thing.
    The light show, which was esentially midi triggered (I'm guessing) standard lamps strewn over the stage was brilliantly effective too.

18. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

The Pineapple Thief last night at the Elysee Montmartre - great show & excellent venue.

19. An absolute treat tonight, Stone Foundation at Dreamland Margate. I’m being very generous if I say there was 150 people there, the band played like there was 1500, tremendous!

First visit to Dreamland, a good little venue, will keep an eye on who else is playing there.

Cheers BB

20. guey

guey pfm Member

Beat Connection at the South Street Arts Centre in Reading, with Jane Weaver headlining.
    She and her band were excellent, as per; and there was a cracking band on before her, Youth Sector - XTC/Devo/Talking Heads/ACR kinda thing, and dead tight players.

Jono_13 likes this.