Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Genesis at the Utilita Arena in Birmingham last night. Visually spectacular, musically on the ball, but vocally challenging. He's not a well man...

2. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Went to hear The Sixteen perform at Tewkesbury Abbey on Saturday. So good to be back hearing live music performed, and they were, as always, magnificent.

MUTTY1 likes this.
  3. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Just back from Elbow at Hammersmith Odeon.
    I've wanted to see this band for a long time and they didn't disappoint - super evening!

4. Yes Elbow are great live, Garvey plays the crowd so well.

Cheers BB

stevied likes this.
  5. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

Just gave my ticket for elbow at Portsmouth guildhall Friday to friend as I’m in hospital agn(crohns). Bugger, one of the best live bands I’ve seen. In front of couple hundred on debut tour and at Glastonbury, this would have been perfect size, break in, gig.
    Oh well there’ll be others.

6. Amormusic

Amormusic pfm Member

I've not seen a live gig since before lockdown.

However, getting excited as next weekend is chase & status, followed by fun lovin criminals the week after, then London grammar in Nov.

Brown Bottle likes this.
  7. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

"Do Nothing" last night at the Tunbridge Wells Forum. Less than 100 people there.. amazing given that they have sold out a London venue next weet (Islington Assembly Hall) They sound much tighter than their 2020 gigs, and I got into a post-gig discussion about pedalboards with their guitarist :)

Support band Folly Group were also wholly decent, and crop up on the 6 Music playlists.

Oh and have snagged tix to Pavement next year, which I am well chuffed about!!!

8. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Jethro Tull last night at Shepherd's Bush.
    Enjoyable evening with a setlist that included many old favourites.

9. blossomchris

blossomchris I feel better than James Brown

Brass band on Aldeburgh sea front promenade, foc.

paulfromcamden likes this.
  10. stevied

stevied über wagonista

Off to see Elbow at Bournemouth, tonight : )

webster likes this.
  11. Engels

Engels pfm Member

The John Martyn Project at St Georges in Bristol last night. My first visit to this fantastic venue since the upgrade and the pandemic

Absolutely brilliant - catch them if you can (Stroud tonight, Lichfield on Friday) when they next visit your area

Mole Man likes this.
  12. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

Genesis in Newcastle last night for the first and judging by Phil likely the last time. We really enjoyed it. You forget how many hits they had. Phil was obviously in a lot of pain but put in a solid performance with follow you follow me being a real highlight.

13. James Evans

James Evans Bedroom Bodger

Nick Cave & Warren Ellis in Liverpool. Really bloody good. I've decided I want to be Warren Ellis, total dude, and coped brilliantly with his amp blowing up and being reduced to having to play flute for what was then the last tune of the night (no idea if they'd have done more otherwise).

14. Neil P

Neil P pfm Member

Pavement as in early 90s grunge (ish) band?

15. guey

guey pfm Member

Scritti Politti play the whole of Cupid & Psyche (plus others) at Shepherds Bush Empire last night. Excellent show, and a lorra love in the room - he seemed quite overwhelmed by the reception at times. Nice bonus to have Alexis Taylor as support, who joined Scritti for the encore; a cover of Chic's At Last I Am Free, which owed a bit to the Robert Wyatt version.

Jono_13 likes this.
  16. NigelP

NigelP pfm Member

The Slow readers club at the sage last night. Reminded me of gigs of old with people shouting out “readers” and human pyramids. One guy even got on the stage for a bit of a dance. All very friendly, this is the stuff COVID tried to take away, brilliant.

the Actors next in Wolverhampton bit of a trek but trying to cram them in.

17. Sonority

Sonority pfm Member

Patti Smith at the RAH last night.
    Like wow.
    What a performance.
    Not been to the RAH since a few months before lockdown (1).
    Missed going there a lot, such an iconic building.
    Looks great now from outside and in (finally)
    The gig however, was truly superb.

18. Bourneendboy

Bourneendboy pfm Member

I went to London Grammar at the 02 in Oxford last Monday, a Truck Store event.
    I stood at the back to try and have some space as very few people where wearing masks, so atmosphere was lacking a bit.
    Despite Hannah Reid having a bad cold and struggling with the high notes, it was a great gig.

They just need to crank it up a bit as they would make an amazing Shoegaze band!

19. madscientist

madscientist pfm Member

Steve Hackett 'The Seconds Out Tour' last night in Brighton..absolutely superb

nostromo likes this.
  20. guey

guey pfm Member

Rival Consoles and Kayla Painter last night at the Old Market in Brighton (Hove maybe?)
    Pretty good gig. We missed the first support MATTHS, as we were having a catch up in the bar, but enjoyed the other two.