1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What concert have you last been to #3

Discussion in 'music' started by Rasher, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Erinanton

Erinanton pfm Member

If you fancy a gig for a fiver, live in London and can get to Islington by 12 o'clock on a Saturday try Daylight Music at the Union Chapel.

Generally 3 bands with an electic mix from folk to jazz and all points inbetween.

No beer but a great cafe doing tea , coffee, quiche and cake.

https://www.facebook.com/daylightmusiclondon/

Millennium and paulfromcamden like this.
  2. Nero

Nero BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK

Steve Hackett knocked out a creditable SEBTP last night at the Brighton Dome - surrounded by some excellent musicians, and a great sound (possibly because I was not far from the desk). I just don't 'get' Nad Sylvan though - he seemed a bit remote to the music.
    I never realised Deja Vu was a remnant of that album. Would have loved to hear PG sing that one

3. Lightning Bolt at Camden Underworld

Setup on the floor this time...chaos ensued...lovely noisy abandoned joy

claire.foxx and paulfromcamden like this.
  4. Simon Dawson

Simon Dawson Angry, Ill & Ugly

Gang of Four (or should that be Gang of One plus three) at the San Fran in Wellington. Played all of Entertainment plus favourites from the next two albums and a couple of more recent tracks. Great energy and worryingly still relevant songs.

5. Theo

Theo pfm Member

The wonderful Jan Gabarek & Trilok Gurtu at Saffron Hall, Saffron Walden on Saturday, followed by Natalie Williams, her band and string quartet at Ronnie Scott's last night. Both performances were wonderful.

6. Millennium

Millennium pfm Member

Aurora at the roundhouse

They grow up quick! And Large!

7. Sonority

Sonority pfm Member

Another from Steve Hackett & SEBTP - Symphony Hall, Brum.
    Have followed Steve since his first solo gigs, so been to a few..
    Last nights I thought was tremendous, the band seem to actually be now a full 'band' and play as one, instead of Steve leading a set of damn good musicians. Loved Deja Vu, this being its first real live outing in a good while.
    I think Clocks was a standout, and while drum solo's are a tad 1970's, Craig just did an amzing job of it, totally nailing the sound in the hall.

8. Theo

Theo pfm Member

9. Bourneendboy

Bourneendboy pfm Member

Primal Scream in Oxford last night - absolutely out of this world! Seen them around 25 times over the last 30 years and last night's gig was one of the best.

Wilson likes this.
  10. webster

webster Listen & enjoy.

Marillion at the Royal Albert Hall last night and the night before.
    What a band and what a venue!

11. mjw

mjw pfm Member

Tuesday at the Barbican was the LA Phil conducted by Gustavo Dudamel playing two newish pieces, then;
    Herbie Hancock band played two, supported by the orch., then;
    Herbie and his band played a further 90 min set - and very good too. Yes, they played Watermelon Man, which was let down by no trumpet on the stage although the guitarist did a passable job using an effects pedal.

12. GavinB

GavinB pfm Member

Deco, plus two good support acts, at the Sunflower Lounge in Birmingham. Nice small venue with a capacity of around 100.

13. Ed Rogerson

Ed Rogerson Culturally irrelevant

The highlight had to be the orchestral version of "Rockit"!

Me and the Mrs went on Sunday but got tickets for last night from mates who couldn't go - which was nice. Brilliant to see him still going at nearly 80 AND rockin' the vocoder and keytar :)

14. Theo

Theo pfm Member

Zervas & Pepper at the Bedford in Balham. First time in this fine venue: circular with a gallery, capacity probably 150-ish. The band played two fantastic sets, and are well worth seeing if they're anywhere near you.

15. guey

guey pfm Member

Erland Cooper and AVA at The Unitarian Church, Brighton last night.
    Excellent support from AVA, a piano/violin/electronics duo.
    Erland Cooper's set was more than a bit magical - heartwarming, charming, and utterly uncynical.
    I'm now even more looking forward to seeing him with The LCO next year at The Barbican.

16. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Fontaines DC at SWX in Bristol last night. Pretty much played the album plus a couple of new tracks. Plenty of energy but a bit too much volume and I'd forgotten my ear plugs. In fact so loud it sounded like the bass and his vocals were distorting quite a lot, unless it was my ear drums flapping around :). A good night though.

A large number of middle aged men (like me) in attendance, perhaps not surprising as heavily played by 6music and reminiscent of several older bands.

17. Daisy

Daisy pfm Member

Aldous Harding last night in Manchester , fantastic and mesmerising .

18. GML

GML pfm Member

An unforgettable Sunday afternoon at The Royal Festival Hall.

Philharmonia Orchestra
    Christopher Warren-Green conductor
    Ivana Gavric piano
    London Philharmonic Choir

Wagner: Overture, Die Meistersinger von Nurnberg
    Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No.2
    Holst: The Planets

19. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

Mick Head (Pale Fountains, Shack, The Strands) in Liverpool on Saturday, with my 14yo daughter. The a sound engineer needed sacking, because the instruments overpowered the vocals quite considerably, which was tantamount to negligence really, considering he’s not a singer that belts it out.

20. Engels

Engels pfm Member

The Comet is Coming last Thurs and then nostalgic 40th anniversary tour gig of Nine Below Zero on Sat. Both excellent