advertisement

What concert have you last been to #3

Huw Costin and Torn Sail. They drove down all the way from Nottingham to play our small club (Forest Gap) in East London last night. And what an amazing band, sensitive yet powerful; earthly yet transcendental; all there were transfixed and will always remember this one.

Good support slots from Redstar Lokomotiv, Red Bricks and Stucat

Ryuichi Sakamoto and Alva Noto at the RFH on Wednesday - fabulous stuff, with excellent minimal triggered visuals.
Quite odd to hear music that I normally play quietly, late at night, at sufficient volume to shake the floor.

RNCM last night for the Beethoven festival with the RNCM orchestra playing the 7th and 8th symphonies. Tonight was Guy playing the Pastorale, the Moonlight and Hammerklavier.

His fingerwork was amazing!

Currently two thirds of the way through li lu doing all six of Bach's cello suites at 3 venues in Macclesfield for the Barnaby festival. Good stuff! Then on to the Didsbury arts festival for a concert of opera arias at 19.00. It's hard work having fun!

Danzig with mini Misfits set in Manchester. Not great, hopefully Tim Barry will be better tomorrow and Negative Approach on Friday.

Tame Impalas at Hammersmith. Some excellent bits when they were indulging in effects-pedal-tastic freak-outs a la Hawkwind c.1973. Some bits were disturbingly close to Rawk Anthems, I do hope they curb this worrying tendency immediately.

Like the 80s, 90s, and 00s never happened:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lambchop last night at The Kazimier in Liverpool. First time we've seen them and first time visiting that venue. Nice little place. Kurt and co didn't disappoint. I had to resist the temptation to request this corrosion.

Saw Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart at Hampton Court Palace on Monday of this week - amazing setting in the actual court yard and excellent performances from both artists.

NSNC

Saw Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart at Hampton Court Palace on Monday of this week - amazing setting in the actual court yard and excellent performances from both artists.

Joe Bonamassa is a great musician. What he lacks in Peter Green, he more than makes up for in Rory Gallagher. Absolute passion for what he does.

Tim Barry Leeds Brudenell and was outstanding.
Could have a done without the poet at the beginning of the night and the second bloke but Jimmy Islip and the Ghosts opening were fantastic and Tim was great as ever. Such well crafted and powerful songs. Avail were always amazing but on his own and in a different style his stuff shouldn't be missed.

Van der graf generator , last night at the Robin 2 , incredible performance !! Plague of lighthouse keepers just amazing to hear that live .

Van Der Graaf Generator, at the ABC in Glasgow. I knew we were going to be treated to Lighthouse Keepers and Flight, but Gog was totally unexpected, and brilliant. They seem to be coping better without David Jackson, than the last time I saw them.

Now if only they would have a go at A Louse is Not a Home.

Just back from Laurie Anderson and the Kronos Quartet at the Barbican
My annual pilgrimage to Laurie Land (as I don't own any of her records I only see her live, and I did this when I once owned records as well)

As always, a distillation of her previous ideas as she approaches something glorious and spartan.

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=14047

Fox,

I was there too! Wasn't it great?

It was I liked the projected text and scrolling corruption and remarked how much data can be lost and informationally remain intact, but It was no match for Watching the players who were quite intense at times.

I make it a point to see LA every time she plays the UK. I may have to start doing this for KQ as well.

Thursday night at Emmanuel Church Didsbury for part of the Didsbury Art festival a fabulous night hosted by Barbara Stott and friends including Giovanni Guzzo playing their favourite pieces, arias etc. The second half of the evening was particularly successful being South American theme following Barbara's recent tour there..

advertisement

Back