Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What Christmas tree?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Fatmarley, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

The woman ahead of me in the queue at Sainsbury's yesterday seemed to be stocking up, if not for Christmas then for some post-Apocalypse scenario. Her shop came to £220, and featured a lot of pork pies.

2. Bart

Bart pfm Member

She could be a one-woman answer to the plethora of pigs problem we are reportedly experiencing at the moment!

3. Whaleblue

Whaleblue Southbound

4. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Unsurprisingly I’ve never had a Christmas tree in my adult life. I do love the availability of nuts in shells, satsumas and sprouts though. That is the redeeming feature.

martin clark likes this.
  5. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

6. hifilover1979

hifilover1979 Bigger than you...

Always had a real tree; never had an issue with needles falling off...

You're getting the wrong tree if the needles are falling off...

dan m and Bob McC like this.
  7. Fatmarley

Fatmarley Agnostic

8. Paul L

Paul L coffee lounge for me

the inside can look bare particularly an artificial tree and the growing pile of leftover crackers sits there each year and seems to work, a mix of colours and sizes.

oh sh**, just realised that with the new lady moving in avec cat I’m probably going to have to forget it from now on or it will be like those two monsters gintonic showed!

9. Paul L

Paul L coffee lounge for me

Yes, all we need is a nice email from the retail CEOs or a News report telling us there is no shortage of Christmas trees and the public should not panic buy. Seems to work for everything else they want to shift a load of.

Sue Pertwee-Tyr and Rob998 like this.
  10. Rob998

Rob998 Scimmia Nordoccidentale

That’s a good thing then.

11. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

12. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Triggered!:mad:

It is a holiday Tree.:p

:)

13. puddlesplasher

puddlesplasher pfm Member

Real tree up 12 days before and down 12 days after. Then take it to be mulched.

hifilover1979 likes this.
  14. cctaylor

cctaylor pfm Member

Our cats have never been that interested in our Christmas trees. Just the odd bauble knocked off if they bumped into it exploring under the tree. Of course they always have access to real trees in the garden.

Chris Marshall likes this.
  15. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

We had a massive walk in storage attic. We could just put the tree in with all the stuff on and put a couple of bin liners round it.

Kids never thought it was a good idea, though.

Fatmarley likes this.
  16. lordmortlock

lordmortlock A Linde Mann

We’ve rented our tree for the last few years.

https://www.rentalchristmastree.com/

I like the fact that the tree gets replanted after Christmas. It always seemed such a waste to me to chop them down in their prime for such a brief, singular use.

17. Mynamemynaim

Mynamemynaim 38yrs a Naim owner

My ancient (but nice) Woolworths Xmas tree will be dug out of the loft and thrown up sometime mid December
    I will decorate it
    Then (as soon as I've finished) the wife will rearrange it so it looks completely different

Ahhh Christmas traditions....you cannot beat them

Fatmarley and Joe Hutch like this.
  18. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

There are lots of ideas out there for diy christmas tree 'alternatives' that can be quite cool. My Mum uses what's basically an old dead branch sprayed white, with a modest amount of lights and decorations; actually looks really nice.

19. dweezil

dweezil pfm Member

That's what we used to do, the tree didn't grow much from year to year, a bit like bonsai.

Modern varieties keep their leaves forever, tempted to get a spray can and spruce up the last tree.

20. russel

russel ./_dazed_and_confused

Genetic modification in a spray can, that’s awesome!

PsB and dweezil like this.