advertisement

What are your music plans for 2022?

It might be, but that doesn't count for much when you live in what you consider the perfect place.

In any case, we (and the 30-60 people who come on each of our trips) are usually home from the best concert hall in Britain by 11:15 :)

My god that's quite a journey you keep making, Hartlepool to Brum!:D

Recap an amplifier; maybe another that needs it.

Get rid of some surplus gear!

Might listen to some music from time to time. :p

Get more gigs!

It has been a very lean 2020 and 2021. Here is hoping that 2022 will see more opportunities to play live.

The best gig of 2021 was an outdoor blues festival put on by the local council - we had a few thousand people at the local football ground.

The Damned three LP Best of.

ABBA Studio Album box set ( CD).

'The Nightfly live' LP.... just for starters.:)

To play and encourage music with my young children. The eldest (5) has high functioning autistic spectrum disorder and loves tinkering with analogue synth emulators on the ipad and an m-audio keyboard and the youngest (2) loves bashing the piano and guitar.

Pat Metheney in 2022 - How did I reach 50 and never cross paths with his music?

Wishing you all cracking New Year.

After a Delos mishap and then a move and then two years with an idle 1986 vintage Sondek…swapped Cirkus for Kore, Karousel and Krystal, 2022 “upgrades” will be adding LPs as they become available.
Meanwhile, amazed with the 50+ year LP library with the redone Sondek.

I'm gonna cut down an old Pearl Export drum kit (biggest selling kit ever) to 4" depth for the toms and floor toms and 6" depth for the bass drum. Also going to try converting them to a lugless design and plug all the holes if that works out. I will also have a play with the bearing edges - try 90 degree flat and roundovers for fewer high frequency overtones.

Why ? Well I want to try a vintage sound and make the kit more transportable. It also should be a bit quieter and take up less space which is useful in the small venues I generally play in. I will keep my Premier Genista kit as standard for big venues and recording. Looking forward to this little project.

Finish off wiring up the home studio - just the midi to do now and a few effects units. Finish off writing and recording a number of the projects that are on my HD and get at least one 12inch ep out on vinyl this year. Save up for some Quested monitors....

Finish off wiring up the home studio - just the midi to do now and a few effects units. Finish off writing and recording a number of the projects that are on my HD and get at least one 12inch ep out on vinyl this year. Save up for some Quested monitors....

Do you have a bandcamp page?

I listened to Elliott Carter's five string quartets several times over Christmas, and will probably spend a few months now revisiting those and the other CDs I have of his music. It would be good to hear some of this music in performance, but I'm not sure when I'll be confident to return to concert halls. I was also listening to a lot of Quintet Moderne's output in the run up to Christmas, and will aim to explore beyond this to listen to more recordings with Philip Wachsmann and Harri Sjöström.

advertisement

Back