advertisement

What are you listening to right now #9?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"NPR All Songs Considered weekly podcast, with new Cat Power"

I just got the new Cat Power LP. It's pretty good so far, maybe better than the last one. Excellent quality vinyl pressing too, FWIW.

Tony L said:
Bugger all! The system is boxed up in the cellar (except the Spacearm which is holidaying in Nottingham), vinyl is boxed up in a huge pile in the front room, there is plaster and paint all over the bare floorboards (thankfully some on the walls too) and bloody Celebrity Big Brother on the TV…

Tony.

Now you know how I feel!
In my case it's pre-amp away for repair, assorted kids returned from uni and living off my meagre salary, and a house full of other people's crappy 'hi-fi's', telly's, computers, bedding, kitchen equipment, etc.etc. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd stop eating all food within seconds of purchase, and learn how to leave a bathroom fit for use by others. Kids? Who'd have 'em.
I wish they'd all just bugger off.
Mull

John Scofield - A Go Go

Backed up here by Medeski, Martin, and Wood, who I normally don't care for, but it's working for me here.

Been working my way through this afternoon's 2nd hand vinyl purchases:
Coltrane A Love Supreme
Jeff Buckley Grace
Arab Strap Elephant Shoe

Kate Bush - Aerial. Just realised, that my copy is also a badly pressed one - see other thread. Sad as the music is promising.

Magnetic Fields- 69 Love Songs

When I have listened to music lately, it has been this. Really great. Glad I finally bought it.

Krankykast #2

Mmmm! Good. I even have The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid to look forward to later, as a bumper crop came through the letterbox today.

Hi,

Being giving the cd player a run.

The Best of sam and Dave

Spacemonkeyz versus Gorillaz - Laika Come Home

Top sounds from Top deck Vol 6 Ska-lternative

Dean

Hi,

The cd session continues.

V/A -Disco Spectrum. (Quality disco music)
Lynn Collins - Mama Feelgood, The best of Lynn Collins (fine & funky from one of my favourite singers)
V/A- Mod Club Party (A rather excellent cover cd)
Hot Hot Heat - Elevator (indie pop/rock tomfoolery with catchy moments)

Dean

Is: Steve Earle- El Corazón (pretty good but certainly not his best)
Will be: Some old Stax stuff (due to mention of Sam & Dave above)

Mono - Walking cloud and deep red sky, Flag flutterred and the sun shined.

Bit of a tour de force, this one. A cracking album, although there are GSYBE references, this is no pale imitation. I cannot tell you how gutted I am to have just found that they toured the UK last month. Not only that, but supported by world's end girlfriend, AND they were selling the last copies of the Mono / Pelican split album (limited to 4,000 - not on cd). Talk about bolting the stable door...

Mono website including some mp3 samples.

Amazon reference

At least they will be back in Europe in July in support of their fourth full-length album. I guess I should pick up the others.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back