advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Note – CDP 0777 7 89792 2 7. CD, reissue, 1993.

MC03ODM3LmpwZWc.jpeg
Gavin,
Quite a few people on the SH Tone Poet thread pushing for this as a TP reissue at the moment.

Listening to the preview tracks on the Clone website is making me wonder if I got it wrong playing my copy at 33 for the last 20 years...

You complete duffer! Ha ha. Curiously, Discogs suggests it was originally another 33 and 45, though I only know the recent reissue with the above artwork, all (hopefully) at 45.

(That’s made me laugh... though not as much as when you had me listening to the Williams Fairey Brass Band’s ‘Cubik’ recently. : ) )

Introducing Kenny Cox and the Contemporary Jazz Quintet - streaming via Qobuz

A BN Classic that slipped under my radar - some nice playing but very tinny cymbals - did the Classic mix balance it out a bit better ( I'm streaming from the two CD edition).

OIP.GO4LZKb3XaetKgs4G1RjxAAAAA

Recent random purchase. The avant garde sound of 1968.

The Jolas piece for strings and soprano is nice - new composer to me. The Boucourechliev piece sounds like two pianos and load of percussion having a bit of a set-to. Not sure who's currently winning but the cat's ears are twitching furiously...

NC5qcGVn.jpeg

New one from Dhafer Youssef, "Street of Minarets". More of his electric jazz style featuring among others Marcus Miller, Ambrose Akinmusire and of course DH's beautiful spiritual vocals and oud playing. Superb.
Did I mention Herbie and Dave Holland are on it too? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back