advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
A1V6FGr0y-L._SS500_.jpg

52375402135_1c2edaf240_z.jpg

Yet another bonus alfresco night - and it is Jim O’Rourke night tonight. First up was Insignificance, with some of his best rockers, and best lyrics...

If I seem to you just a little bit remote
You feel better if you call me a misanthrope
Or whatever floats your boat
But as for me, I’d rather sail my own (hear, hear - well said, Jim!)

...and now Eureka, with a great version of Bacharach’s Something Big, and what could be more joyous than a Sonic Youth alumnus covering an Ivor Cutler song in Americana style?

This arrived while I was away. I have another LP from the same run at the Keystone that I love ('Classics') and first impressions are this is just as good. Fantastic band with Bobby Hutcherson and Joe Henderson - you can't go wrong really. I even like the electric bass playing of Larry Klein. Nice stretched out 10 min versions of each tune by a band that have been playing together a while. Jazz from this period is a bit of a minefield but this is great.

Kudos to The Keystone for installing a decent recording rig - it looks like quite a number of LPs resulted while the club was open.

OS0yNjcxLmpwZWc.jpeg

This arrived while I was away. I have another LP from the same run at the Keystone that I love ('Classics') and first impressions are this is just as good. Fantastic band with Bobby Hutcherson and Joe Henderson - you can't go wrong really. I even like the electric bass playing of Larry Klein. Nice stretched out 10 min versions of each tune by a band that have been playing together a while. Jazz from this period is a bit of a minefield but this is great.

Kudos to The Keystone for installing a decent recording rig - it looks like quite a number of LPs resulted while the club was open.

OS0yNjcxLmpwZWc.jpeg

sounds great - will have to try and get a copy of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back