advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZEfRDSn.jpg

getting ready for the final 'record and bin' manoeuvre with the old vinyl.

seems to be largely comprised of dodgy 70s easy listening ... but tbh I do enjoy it.
I'm not proud.
Some really good stuff in there (70s easy listening in general); both music and production.
Some of the tracks here are pretty much acid-jazz - quite respectable electric piano solos etc.
this is a bit of a ropey copy, hasn't cleaned up brilliantly. And is one of those where they've done something with the grooves to fit more on (? is that a thing? seem to remember that, and there are a lot of tracks on each side...).
Nice to have a copy of the theme music for 'On The Move' - had no idea Bob Hoskyns was in it!

inner gatefold has a nice graphic (not my copy / image):

w5OfB2N.jpg

33rpm years old and still sounds just as immense as it did when it first heard it. What a monster! Those drums!!

"the interpretations are unremittingly violent ... the lack of variety in either mood or routine quickly wears one out" says Allmusic missing the point entirely.

I'm going to be listening to Microdisney, Fatima Mansions, and Telefis all day, in memory of Cathal Coughlan.

Discs 2&3 - "Live at Wembley 1983" from:
crises-box.jpg

Christ. I remember buying the original LP and being billed as the tenth anniversary of Tubular Bells. That was nearly 40 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back