advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
MS02MTA2LmpwZWc.jpeg

My favourite AE release - I appreciate not everyone's cup of tea but I think it's a work of astonishing beauty and emotion.
I will bear that in mind. A fellow PFMer came around to mine recently and made a point of jotting down an album by Nic Bartsch I played. It’s stunning in hifi terms and also very powerful emotionally. I was really pleased by his reaction I have to say. It’s awkward music for sure but it’s nice to see it hitting the same buttons for him as it was for me on first listen.

MODUL8-9 - if it isn’t breathtaking yous not got the hifi right yet:)

I will bear that in mind. A fellow PFMer came around to mine recently and made a point of jotting down an album by Nic Bartsch I played. It’s stunning in hifi terms and also very powerful emotionally. I was really pleased by his reaction I have to say. It’s awkward music for sure but it’s nice to see it hitting the same buttons for him as it was for me on first listen.

Always nice when that happens.

On the other hand you might think it sounds like someone with a drum kit falling down the stairs - which is fair enough too ;)

listening to the download that I have burned to c.d. - doesn’t sound as good as the well-pressed vinyl, but decent. The early Rave tunes are better than I thought they would be, still not a massive Rave fan. The Jungle is excellent. As usual these Soul Jazz Records come with a download.

Various – Black Riot (Early Jungle, Rave And Hardcore)

More images

Label: Soul Jazz Records – SJR LP452
Format:
2 x Vinyl, LP, Compilation
Released: 15 May 2020
Genre: Electronic
Style: Hardcore, Jungle

track #3 The Terrorist ‘RK1’ (KRS One on the sample) - phat bass :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back