advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Azymuth - Jazz Carnival/Voo Sobre O Horizonte (Milestone 12") (1979)

Bertrami on top form, a much treasured 12 and played to death.

Edit....Should have included this in the 12" 45 thread posted elsewhere on here the other day:cool:

I was listening to that album on c.d. yesterday.

I can’t fathom the production, ‘Yes’ is almost Phil Spector ‘wall of sound’ with bass lacking, the next tune ‘What’s The Excuse This Time?’ sounds okay.

rolling the dice and ordered the remaster. good value via Amazon

More images

McAlmont & Butler – The Sound Of... McAlmont & Butler
Label: Edsel Records – TSOMABBOX01
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, 180g
Vinyl, 12", Single, Remastered
CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
CD
DVD, DVD-Video, PAL
Box Set, Limited Edition
All Media, Deluxe Edition
Released: 2 Oct 2015
Genre: Rock

for Tony L

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012BMOL40/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
Fair bit of surface noise on my copy, quality of vinyl around that time was very mixed. Opening track is very weird sounding, thought it was at the wrong speed at first.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Fair bit of surface noise on my copy, quality of vinyl around that time was very mixed. Opening track is very weird sounding, thought it was at the wrong speed at first.

:):)o_O

I have just cancelled my order for the remaster boxset from amazon.

Turns out I had purchased that boxset back in 2016 and sent it back. There was my damning review from 6 yrs. ago.

Heigh Ho.

Listening again now. Ignoring the dodgy mess of production on Yes, the rest isn’t so bad. original c.d.

:):)o_O

I have just cancelled my order for the remaster boxset from amazon.

Turns out I had purchased that boxset back in 2016 and sent it back. There was my damning review from 6 yrs. ago.

Heigh Ho.

Listening again now. Ignoring the dodgy mess of production on Yes, the rest isn’t so bad. original c.d.
It’s odd that the lead single from the album which had a lot of air play ended up sounding terrible.

It’s odd that the lead single from the album which had a lot of air play ended up sounding terrible.

It sounds like it was produced to be played from a mobile phone.

It is a good single though. Biting lyrics, and McAlmont’s voice make it.

NTkwOS5qcGVn.jpeg

See David, see denim casual shirt, see tie. I've got the 90s on the 'phone, it wants its dress sense back.

Jazz playlist on shuffle via the Zen Mini, so far some excellent tracks including Basin St Blues & When you’re smiling from Armstrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back