advertisement

What are you listening to right now #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
R-2155244-1282286595.jpeg.jpg

Mid sixties pressing purple/plum black fan but Broadway address for aficionados

This was the top scoring record in the annual Jazz Critics Poll so thought I'd have a proper listen via Qobuz. Very good it is too. I think I'll be getting hold of a copy in the near future.

saw him live a year or so ago at The Vortex. Excellent. Just checked it was 2018! Time..

Chrissie Hynde - Standing in the Doorway. CD

first listen yesterday was on the Mimik and not very impressive, gave it another spin today on the CD5 and 100% better, I can now hear what’s going on in the detail!

If you like that, have you heard his release, D.MO Vol 4, "Harmonic Decadence"? It was going to be his first 'proper' release but got shelved to make way for "Harmonic Ascendant". It's very similar but w/out the guitar and Wolfgang Tiepold's 'cello that Klaus Schulze persuaded Robert to use. The SQ isn't perfect (the CD is sourced from a cassette, I think) but is just a great composition.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079VLYXH3/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Thanks! I'm pretty clueless with this kind of stuff so any leads welcome : )

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
220px-Mastodon_%E2%80%93_Hushed_and_Grim_2021.jpeg

Mastodon - Hushed and Grim: It's good and is a grower but hasn't ousted Dyne - Etemen Enka as my favourite progressive metal album of the year.

etemen.jpg

Lucky Thompson just before he gave up the music business completely and disappeared. A pretty straight ahead session despite the sleeve featuring him wearing a robe and pondering a twig. A nice record though. Sam Jones on bass again!

R-7241237-1436960121-5280.jpeg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back