advertisement

What are you listening to right now #6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was: Six Organs of Admittance- School of The Flower (nice freak folky/ droney/ lazy stuff)
Is: My Bloody Valentine- Loveless (haven't listened to this in ages; still great)
Will Be: Damien Jurado (see post from yesterday)

Some new arrivals today...
Was: Vashti Bunyan – Just another diamond day lp+7"
Just had to know what it was all about, and it's all about dewy-eyed romanticism and sweetness. This made me smile!

Next: Either Reynols/Birchville Cat Motel split lp or Dr. Ragtime 7" (Jack Rose)

Pat Metheny

"Story within the story" from Imaginary day .. on the Bryston / PMC system and it sounds very relaxing indeed. Maybe I should get the live DVD of this as well ....

The Fall - The Unutterable - great stuff even on a frankly dreadful CD walkman. Is there a bad Fall album?

Cheers

Rich

David Sylvian, Brilliant Trees. This has stood the test of time well. Even Red Guitar sounds far less silly than I'd imagined.

So who's heard the new Fall LP then? And why haven't I bought it yet, I should be shot.

Captain Beefheart, Mirror Man. "Beeeee reeeeborrrrrn, Kaaaanddddy Kooorrrn...". Prompted by Tony selling a copy in the music classifieds, this is one of my favourite Beefheart records.

-- Ian

Eleni Karaindrou - Ulysses' Gaze

with Kim Kashkashian on viola. a soundtrack to some Greek movie I never saw. hypnotic.

sideshowbob said:
So who's heard the new Fall LP then? And why haven't I bought it yet, I should be shot.

- Ian

Ian - its sitting in a carrier bag in my hotel room till I get home on Thursday - ARRGGGHHHH!

Cheers

Rich

Smashing Pumpkins. Gish and Siamese Dream. I've had them on CD for years but invested in vinyl versions last week. been playing them both to death ever since....

RickyC6 said:
Ian - its sitting in a carrier bag in my hotel room till I get home on Thursday - ARRGGGHHHH!

So is it out on vinyl then? The live versions of the new stuff were excellent so high hopes for the studio album.

Tortoise - It's All Around You

Doesn't appear to be rated amongst their releases, but as it's the first I have heard, I quite like it.

Ed Rogerson said:
So is it out on vinyl then? The live versions of the new stuff were excellent so high hopes for the studio album.

Sure is - got the black disc on Monday - but limited edition of 1,000. They were playing it in Selectadisc when I went in - how cool...?!

Cheers

Rich

Liszt, Liszt and further Liszt at the moment. Brendel, Osbourne & Richter. I'm really getting into the Harmonies poétiques et religieuses. Absolutely ****ing inspirational.

All the best,

Git

B it of a session tonight since I got home:
The Stunning Paradise in the Picturehouse
An Emotional Fish An Emotional Fish
Flock of Seagulls Flock of Seagulls
Loyd Cole & the Commotions Rattlesnake (forgot how good this is)
Prefab Sprout Protest Songs
Fleetwood Mac Mirage
Pixies Doolittle

matthewr said:
Amadou & Mariam -- "Dimanche à Bamako". Aces & Skill.
They are fantastic, but don't you find this album just a touch over-produced and sonically flabby - all Manu Chaou's fault, to my ears at any rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back