ErikL

pfm Member
Johnny Cash- American Recordings

"She was low down and trifling,
And she was cold and mean,
Kind of evil make me want to grab my sub-machine"

Previous: Morcheeba, Big Calm
Now: OTT - Blumenkraft
To follow: Possibly Ani di Franco - Little Plastic Castle, or Squeezebox2 in random play for a surprise!

Taking a brief tour through the history of R&B (for lack of a better term).
Started with: J.B. Lenoir - Collection
Then: Syl Johnson - Best Of
Now: Roberta Flack and Donny Hathaway - Eponymous
Next: Cameo - Word Up
Followed by: India Arie - Acoustic Soul

Rod,
rod said:
I hear this album is a bit of a departure for BRMC. Do you rate it?
It's definitely different from its predecessors; I'm generally not really into this Americana thing (Turin Brakes makes me yawn). I'll have to play it a couple of times more to find out wether it's a grower.

Weird side effect: it made me want to play Tesla's "Five Man Acoustical Jam" again. Much more fun.

Cheers! I'll not bother, unless I get a chance to listen to it first. I liked the previous two albums and would have bought this one without hearing... until I saw a review mentioning the about turn in musical direction.

Tesla, now there's a blast from the past!

Maximum-Minimum by Kraftwerk. Didn't realise my system could make the house shake so much - fantastic :D

Steve.

Was : The Krafty Kompilation

Is : the tippety tap of my keyboard as I buy stuff by Loscil, Christina Carter, Autistic Daughters and Growing.

Leatherface - Mush. Grabs you by the throat and won't stop shaking.

Great cover of "Message in a Bottle".

Elvis Presley - Elvis Country (I'm 10,000 Years Old). His last great work - still got an amazing voice just before the burgers and pills started to take effect.

Cheers

Rich

Marmite said:
Leatherface - Mush. Grabs you by the throat and won't stop shaking.
Great cover of "Message in a Bottle".
Really brilliant album. I saw them live in the 90s, and Frankie bounced like Tasmanian Devil during the whole show. Their website, however, seems ripe for a relaunch. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back