advertisement

What are you listening to right now #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been listening to the Michael Bisio - Kirk Knuffke - Fred Lonberg-Holm trio's The Art Spirit over the last few days, enjoying it more with each listen;

I'd like to see then in performance - the Vortex would be a perfect venue for this music.

Rounding off a day that's featured a lot of British jazz.

A fabulous sounding live recording - on double vinyl.

OIP.cHob363WW-L1tyYWx1dnTQAAAA

Polar Bear - Self titled

This is a lot better than I remember it. Maybe time to revisit and reassess alongside some of the new jazz stuff?

OIP._NhyOmxaALQknpESfF8OewAAAA

I know some PFMers will strongly disagree but I like Polar Bear too - even if one or two of their later records didn't quite hit the spot for me they were always a fantastic band to see live.

Reactions: kjb
I know some PFMers will strongly disagree but I like Polar Bear too - even if one or two of their later records didn't quite hit the spot for me they were always a fantastic band to see live.

Streaming this over breakfast

OIP.gBiRkfQtS6yM3PJQfwU4IQAAAA

I seem to remember the criticism being that they were just rehashing things that had been done better before but, returning after quite a few years, it sounds a bit more distinctive than that.

On CD....
71iEM53obaL._AC_SX679_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back