advertisement

What are you listening to right now #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
A £1 box classic...

R-436571-1295346108.jpeg.jpg

John Hollenbeck Large Ensemble - Eternal Interlude. Wind-heavy big band. Bits of Mingus, Zappa and Ellington fly by, as well as a bit of Magma when singers briefly pop in. Another band to add to the great pantheon of drummer-led ensembles. Like Magma. Or the Jazz Messengers or the Eagles or the Dave Clark Five.

R-2271931-1273676311.jpeg.jpg

Lee And Willbee ‎– North Carolina
Label: Lost In The Woods Records ‎– L ITW -001
Format: CD, Album
Released: 2009
Genre: Electronic, Rock, Pop
Style: Pop Rock, Indie Rock

This album could have, should have been huge. The song-writing is top-notch and any one of the songs could easily worm their way into your head. The sound recalls so many other reference points yet as a whole really is all their own. I have never stopped listening to it regularly since it was released back in 2009. I'm afraid I'm the only one left. Maybe it was a lack of marketing push? Maybe it was the slightly uncomfortable and uninviting first track that turned people away? Maybe it just never got in the right hands? I don't know, but it's a real shame.

R-2271931-1273676311.jpeg.jpg

Lee And Willbee ‎– North Carolina
Label: Lost In The Woods Records ‎– L ITW -001
Format: CD, Album
Released: 2009
Genre: Electronic, Rock, Pop
Style: Pop Rock, Indie Rock

This album could have, should have been huge. The song-writing is top-notch and any one of the songs could easily worm their way into your head. The sound recalls so many other reference points yet as a whole really is all their own. I have never stopped listening to it regularly since it was released back in 2009. I'm afraid I'm the only one left. Maybe it was a lack of marketing push? Maybe it was the slightly uncomfortable and uninviting first track that turned people away? Maybe it just never got in the right hands? I don't know, but it's a real shame.

Not on Amazon or Spotify. Just the title track on soundcloud.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back