advertisement

What are you listening to right now #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also finally bought Live Drugs by The War on Drugs on vinyl and I’m really enjoying the first 2 sides.
I have the more recent studio albums - Lost in the Dream and A Deeper Understanding- which are superb too but the live versions are different without losing the structure of the songs.

I recall others on this forum raving about the Live Drugs album when it came out and I gave it a whirl on Tidal but there’s something about that old physical medium….

JBCPC.jpg

The "BAY-UH-BEE!" and "YAY-ARH!" count is high on this one but "Fire Woman" is still a mighty slice of rock 'n' roll. :cool:

Rickie Lee Jones - ‘Pirates’
That’s an album I’ve forgotten I have ( I’ve not played my vinyl for many years) good music and nicely presented.

as of the present: Sons of Kemet on paradise world…. Unmistakable with that bassoon an all;)

2009-05-04_-_Speedy_J_%26_Issakidis_-_Get_The_Curse_%28gtc61%29.jpg

One of my all time favorite mixes. Nothing like it before or since that I'm aware of. Not sure if you can still find it anywhere or whether it's been lost to the internet of yore.

I'd not heard that before, and am currently grabbing it from Jochem Paap's soundcloud page. Thanks for the heads up.

Googled this based on the fantastic cover - what a great record!

It was the back cover that made me buy it - well as the album was on Brain, it didn't need much convincing:

GROBSCHNITT---SOLAR-MUSIC-LIVE-2017-EU-Black+White-2LP-2.jpg

It's a superb album, (their finest IMHO). One single piece that grew and grew into a 60+ minute monster. How Eroc (the drumer) kept going for the whole thing is still a mystery to me.

What do you think? I wasn't totally sold on the last record as it was such a different sound but I enjoyed the songs when I saw them live.
I really like it; to be honest I never understood the backlash over their last album it wasn’t that different. As ever, there is nothing more resistant to change than an indie fan base!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back