Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #58

Discussion in 'music' started by Big Tabs, Apr 4, 2021.

1. RickyC6

RickyC6 Infuriate the frog-men

I’ve never had a problem with Reveal. But yeah, nothing much after was any good.

2. Tantris

Tantris pfm Member

[​IMG]
    Natural Information Society with Evan Parker descension (Out of Our Constrictions)

I've been listening to this on bandcamp for a few weeks; the CD arrived earlier today and has been on rotation. I like the nod to Ascension, and I like the music even more; consistently propulsive, with periodic ecstatic surges (!) - Evan makes an utterly compelling case for the soprano saxophone.

poco a poco, kjb and paulfromcamden like this.
  3. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

gustav_errata likes this.
  4. John C

John C pfm Member

[​IMG]

King. What a great cover. Elvin Jones marvelous on this

5. guey

guey pfm Member

Nashville Ambient Ensemble - Cerulean.
    I am such a sucker for pedal steel played like this.

6. Waxy

Waxy Member

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet

webster and Amber Audio like this.
  7. Jono_13

Jono_13 Duffer

Craven Faults, still superb and hypnotic

Waxy likes this.
  8. Waxy

Waxy Member

Give Em Enough Dope Volume 2

mikechadwick likes this.
  9. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

10. purplepleaser

purplepleaser pfm Member

11. Big Tabs

Big Tabs “telling it like it isn’t...”

Amber Audio and webster like this.
  12. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

The Beatles: Anthology vol 2. Out-takes, studio chat, different versions of stuff from (roughly speaking) 1966-68. Including something no-one needs, an instrumental version of 'Within You Without You'.

The Smiths: The Queen is Dead

gavreid likes this.
  13. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

Blonde on Blonde. Why the hell not?

mikechadwick and gavreid like this.
  14. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

It's one of the few Beatles albums I own but there's a lot of gems on there, such as as the progression of "Strawberry Fields" from demo to rough mix or "Sergeant Peppers...(reprise)" which is far superior to the LP version.

paulfromcamden likes this.
  15. Joe Hutch

Agreed. Ideally, you want to have a remote at hand or be near enough to the CD player so you can skip the less-good bits. As it was, the remote was not working and I was sat too far away to reach the CDP, so I heard the lot. Within You Without You seemed to last an eternity.

16. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

I have a bootleg of every extant recording used in the making of Strawberry Fields, starting with Lennon's first home recordings as he works out the tune, ending with take 1 in the studio. I can't listen to it very often, it makes me cry. It's an amazing thing to hear almost every moment of the creation of something so perfect.

paulfromcamden and Joe Hutch like this.
  17. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

It always does. I dread to think how long "Carnival of Light" would seem to last...

18. paulfromcamden

paulfromcamden Baffled

I'm quite partial to the odd 'Beatleg' so I thought the Anthology albums were great.

I draw the line at the 32 volumes (most double CDs) of 'Complete Get Back Sessions' though...

mikechadwick likes this.
  19. Joe Hutch

The first time I heard Strawberry Fields on the radio as a 12-year-old, I had a sort of mystical out-of-body experience. It was like music from another planet.

sideshowbob likes this.
  20. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day