advertisement

What are you listening to right now #58

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windham Hill sampler '86
R-10026196-1490356051-6226.jpeg.jpg

The first CD on WIndham Hill I bought. Not a single duff track on there. Memories of listening to a recording of it on the stereo in the first car I bought back in '94, waiting for my (now long-ex) girlfriend to finish work. Another one of the albums in my collection that gets a regular playing as much for the memories it evokes as the music itself (as good as it is).

This 1990’s DMM (direct metal mastering) reissue sounds good.

I might have a look at what else was reissued DMM at that period.

I got this album on release and it is always a good listen, whatever cartridge I was using at the time. Sounds spot on. Lee Morgan on trumpet! I don’t think I have ever read the notes, just played the record.

R-1309909-1349006086-9851.jpeg.jpg

More Images

John Coltrane ‎– Blue Train
Label:
Blue Note ‎– BST 81577, Blue Note ‎– S11-56987
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue, Remastered, Stereo
US
Released:
Genre:
Jazz

Was...

David Bowie - Tonight
I've been getting lots of links in my Google feed to articles rating his albums. This one universally rated among his weakest. I don't think that I have played it this millennium so I gave it a spin. Hmm. I may wait until the next millennium before I give it another airing.

Then...

David Bowie - Let's Dance
The singles are ok but the rest of the album is definitely a bit meh. Better than Tonight but that's not saying much. It's no wonder that I gave up on Bowie in the 80s.

Now...

Miss seagull asked if she could choose something. She picked ...

Khan -Space Shanty

Early Hillage, excellent choice

Over the last two days I've played Sophie Zelmani's entire back catalogue (again). Gorgeous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back