Europe
Released:
28 Apr 2017
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Alternative Rock, Indie Rock

R-3765996-1343542952-5721.jpeg.jpg

I finally got this a few months ago. It really is a masterpiece of its time. I know there are fans here of this period and style of post bop which was often on Bluenote. Highly recommended

R-3223749-1321189262.jpeg.jpg

John Lindberg led a series of stellar albums on Black Saint in the late 90s. I can’t get Catbird Sings to play on my much neglected old CD player but it is great too.

edited to add intensely swinging. Ed Thigpen

Robert Plant - Fate of Nations RSD 2019 vinyl. Having to crank the volume on this one. Might have been better as a 3 sided double but music is great - Richard Thompson guesting, 29 Palms and a great If I was a Carpenter cover.

Grateful Dead - Grateful Dead (Skull & Roses). 50th Anniversary, CD2 Live At Fillmore West 1971. CD rip.
Mine arrived today too. CD1 seems to me to bring out Weir's guitar more, which is obviously A Good Thing. Is there a better song anywhere than "Wharf Rat"?

You know our love not fade away...

Edit: BTW Mike have you listened to Kreutzmann's 75th birthday performances with Billy Strings? Sbd FLACs are available :)

Rory Gallagher - Irish Tour ‘74 - cd rip. - as a pub band rhythm guitar player I am in awe of Rory’s abilities - and deeply regret missing his visits to Scotland when I was at school/ uni…. Gone too young…

Mine arrived today too. CD1 seems to me to bring out Weir's guitar more, which is obviously A Good Thing. Is there a better song anywhere than "Wharf Rat"?

You know our love not fade away...

Edit: BTW Mike have you listened to Kreutzmann's 75th birthday performances with Billy Strings? Sbd FLACs are available :)
I’ll give the Kreutzmann shows a listen, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back