advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
TmAjLR4.png

I'd be very interested in seeing your track listing

I'm currently going with the one here. However, John French says it was to have the Mirror man 'live in the studio stuff' on one vinyl disc and the tracks that became Strictly personal on the other. But I can't see an obvious way to stripe the available material over 4 vinyl sides to do this. I might just sequence it like a CD and ignore the vinyl constraints. Whatever, it's all totally essential.

I've also only used tracks from the Mirror Man Sessions CD and Safe as Milk CD Extras in the interests of expediency. Whilst I have a Mono Strictly Personal, I don't have the Mirror Man Buddah Vinyl.

wobbler - scandinavian (I think) prog that a friend has been raving about.
youtube vid - some great prog dad-dancing (yes really) from the lead singer.

almost better - there's a doc. on the making of their most recent album, which starts with a wonderful look at and into their mellotron. What an extraordinary 'instrument'. And when properly set up / in-tune etc, still one of the best sounding in its context, I'd say.

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets - Live at the Roundhouse

Delayed release from March. All the good Floyd stuff!

[Edit]

And well played too.

Last edited:
2ManyDJs - As Heard On Radio Soulwax Pt2

Not generally a "mash up" person, although could be referred to as just a mix? Either way its still pretty fun.

Tangerine Dream - Recurring Dreams

Was really looking forward to seeing them in London at the end of next month but just not worth the risk.

Monster - Hugh Cornwell (A recent discovery while I was searching Tidal for Stranglers albums)

Many tracks have a similar edge of the original Stranglers, but with the insight of maturity. A nice find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back