advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kate bush...Aerial
I had this on vinyl when it first came out and didn't listen to it too much so sold it for quite a few quid more when I list my job a few years ago. Bought a used copy on eBay for £2 and after a couple of spins it's quite a good album.

The Best of Chick Corea....

Straight up & down
Tones for Joan's bones
Matrix
My one & only love
Windows
Samba Yantra
Pannonica
Now he sings now he sobs
Toy room
Blue Connotation
Nefertitti

I'm slowly getting drawn in by Chick o_O

If you're a fan, you won't be disappointed.

Come on Buchanan, let's have another Blue Nile album too.

House%20for%20sale.jpg

I have no idea when I bought this or if I have ever even listened to it before, but it's extremely groovy. Lots of Tunes that sound very like 'Down in The Hole' by Tom Waits with a bit of Tuvan throat singing is a killer combination.

Bahamut_-_Hazmat_Modine.jpg

Buddy Rich Just in Time the final recording

Recorded over 2 nights, 19th & 20th November 1986, at Ronnie Scott's in London, UK, this is the final ever recording of the legendary, influential drummer, whose impact across Rock, Funk and Soul, as well as Jazz, is unrivalled to this day. I think it is safe to say at this point in time that Buddy Rich does not need an introduction. The man is considered by most to be one of, if not THE best drummer to ever exist. The bloke had incredible speed, power and had so much technique that he still blows the minds of people whether they're an amateur or a professional.

This is a great recording, by a great live band led by the world's greatest drummer. As this turned out to be Buddy's last recording it is a fitting tribute. He was still at the top of his game months before he was taken from us, he is still missed! This triple album was put together by his family after years of working to get this live recording out, as ownership of Buddys music is rather complicated i understand.

Over 3 LPs ..Wind Machine, Night Blood, Ready Mix, The Trolley Song, Winding Way, Harco Shuffle, Just In Time, Loose, Love For Sale, Shawnee, Up Jumped Spring, Why Bother?, Porgy and Bess, Twisted (feat. Cathy Rich), Good News (feat. Steve Marcus) [Part 1], Good News (feat. Steve Marcus) [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back