Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you listening to right now #57

Discussion in 'music' started by seagull, Sep 17, 2020.

1. boneman

boneman pfm Member

how is that? Haven't listened to Julian in awhile and have only really heard him on my Blue Notes as a sideman.

2. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Sunburst and Snowblind from late 1983. Has Sugar Hiccup from the album plus three tracks. BAD 314, pressed at MPO so the writing in the grooves is french style I just realised! A1/B1

[​IMG]

3. mikechadwick

mikechadwick pfm Member

Tbh I prefer Love, Love - I sort of zoned out with with Polarization!

4. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

The Spangle Maker from 1984 - this is my favourite I think. BAD 405, another MPO pressing A1/B1

[​IMG]

5. boneman

boneman pfm Member

Have to check them out thanks.

6. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Next up their finest album - Treasure from 1984. Matt sleeve but thick gloosy inner. Mastered at the Town House and pressed at MPO. CAD 412, Mine's A1/B1 marked Ta Mate

[​IMG]

7. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Aikea-Guinea the first single from 1985. I only have the 7 inch, must have been really skint at the time pro - no Giros in the Easter holidays ;) AD 501 A3/B1 another Town House MPO pressing

[​IMG]

8. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

Love Love is the better of the two being closer to the Mwandishi / Electric Miles axis.

mikechadwick likes this.
  9. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes pfm Member

moe. - What Happened to the La-Las? (electric version)

10. Seeker_UK

Seeker_UK I had amnesia once or twice...

[​IMG]

"I'm running out of time
    I'm out of step and closing down"

Kinda sums things up for me.

Andy1912 likes this.
  11. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

The next two are a pair and were released as two EPs (with complimentary artwork) rather than an album, in 1985.

Tiny Dynamine BAD 510, MPO Town House again. A1/B1, and Echoes In A Shallow Bay BAD 511 A1/B1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Got the later compilation LP, was never big on EP’s, 7” or 12” always aimed for LP due to a lack of wedge in those days.

gavreid likes this.
  13. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

I know. These were priced almost like albums too, the packaging is beautiful. I'd get something and my mate something else bitd and we'd share. Consequently I only had Rain Dogs, for example, on Tape for many years.

14. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Right last one - I don't have anything else so I think I must have just moved on with my limited resources. I didn't buy the album, Victorialand, as it was another spring release so the last 4AD the 12 inch single Love's Easy Tears BAD 610. MPO Town House, this one is A1x/B1

[​IMG]

15. Tumeni Notes

Tumeni Notes pfm Member

16. John C

John C pfm Member

[​IMG]

Speakers Corner

mikechadwick and poco a poco like this.
  17. wacko

wacko pfm Member

Speak No Evil - Shorter

mikechadwick likes this.
  18. wacko

wacko pfm Member

The Sidewinder - Lee Morgan

mikechadwick likes this.
  19. John C

John C pfm Member

20. Featsdont

Featsdont pfm Member

Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs - cd rip - title track always takes me somewhere. — Venice ?