Not open for further replies.
Over the last few days

Eric Clapton - Backless
Sepultura - Dante XXI
Richard and Linda Thomson - Shoot Out the Lights
Kris and Rita - Breakaway
Eurythmics - Be Yourself Tonight
Manic Street Preachers - The Holy Bible

Trying out my new Sugden A21aP power amp tonight with these superb Analogue Productions 45rpm releases. The Sugden class A sound is working really well with the QUAD 34 pre and Falcon LS3/5a speakers.

vBiMMYv.jpg

XEWvgZ1.jpg

For the drive home tonight:
Pat Metheny - Secret Story
Fields of the Nephilim - Elizium
Edgar Froese - Pinnacles

Phish - Billy Breathes.

Steve Lillywhites Magnum Opus and a fine bit of mastering by Bob Ludgwig.

Just Wonderfull

Ugh. To each his own. Personally, I'd rather jam knitting needles into my ears than listen to these world-class noodlers. The worst part is they play around here all the time because Vermont is next door (pre-covids, obviously). Sorry. They stir a particular ire in me.

Surprised, nay, shocked that this album hasn't had a thread devoted to it.

I haven't played it for years. Saw a documentary on amazon 'Aja' - Steely Dan a few days ago (excellent documentary) and was fixated on how ugly Donald Fagin's lips are... anyhoo, playing this album today, purchased from Selectadisc, Nottm. in 1984.

Donald Fagen ‎– The Nightfly
Label:
Warner Bros. Records ‎– 92.3696-1, Warner Bros. Records ‎– 92. 3696-1, Warner Bros. Records ‎– W 3696
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
UK
Released:
Genre:
Jazz, Rock
Style:
Fusion, Pop Rock

You seem to have a wonderful vinyl collection Poco
Thanks. Vinyl is still my primary source and I have been collecting it for over 55 years so have managed to pick up a few good things on the way. The Bobby Hutcherson, The Kicker only arrived today though and it is the first time on vinyl. Recorded in December 1963, but not released till 1999 on CD. So new to me, but this is the companion session to Grant Green's Idle Moments that was recorded with the same lineup in November 63.

I'm just comparing the Kicker with that session on vinyl that is playing now.

Thanks. Vinyl is still my primary source and I have been collecting it for over 55 years so have managed to pick up a few good thinks on the way. The Bobby Hutcherson, The Kicker only arrived today though and it is it first time on vinyl. Recorded in December 1963, but not released till 1999 on CD. So new to me, but this is the companion session to Grant Green's Idle Moments that was recorded with the same lineup in November 63.

I'm just comparing the Kicker with that session on vinyl that is playing now.

I just have Happenings and Oblique which were a bit later - only on CD :( I do know Idle Moments of course. Do you know Anthony Kerr? Try Too Marvelous For Words - the stand out vibes player of his generation.

I just have Happenings and Oblique which were a bit later - only on CD :( I do know Idle Moments of course. Do you know Anthony Kerr? Try Too Marvelous For Words - the stand out vibes player of his generation.
Both Happenings and Oblique are great albums and Dialogue as well.
Other than knowing Kerr is British and played with the Dankworth's no I don't and I don't think I have anything with him on. I will check him out.
I have always been a fan of an earlier generation British vibraphone player Frank Ricotti though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back