advertisement

What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
R-564192-1300904091.jpeg.jpg

The (cover) tracks Ohio/Machine Gun & Fire and Rain on this has to be one of the best album openings ever.

The cover of Spill The Wine is brilliant too (*heresy alert* I prefer it to the original)

The cover of Spill The Wine is brilliant too (*heresy alert* I prefer it to the original)

I don't think there's a single cover on this album which isn't better than the original tracks. I could listen the hard, funky, early 70's stuff by The Isleys, The Commodores, The Crusaders and The Temptations all day long. Vastly under appreciated.

Now listening:

R-279856-1288086487.jpeg.jpg

Just realised this has the amazing John Marshall on drums, who I saw with Soft Machine the other week (whose current lineup, incidentally, are ****ing explosive live right now).

edit: John Marshall is pretty much the only drummer I could listen to solo endlessly. Well, him and Bryan Spring.

Not sure about this one. Robert Wyatt has a distinct vocal, and it gets on my pip sometimes.

1972 original, I think this issue is late 70's.

Matching Mole ‎– Matching Mole
Label:
CBS ‎– 32105, CBS ‎– CBS 32105
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
UK

Joan Sutherland - Operatic Arias. Original 1959 Decca Mono that I picked up in a charity shop for £1 when awayfor a few days. NM and sounds great. I love Sutherland and saw her live a few times.

Dark Side of the Moog - vol's 2,3 and 4.

Did a quick sample listen as partner listening also, quite like 4, not sure about others yet

Bloss

The laptop is on random play and it has just come up with "Girls on the Avenue" by Richard Clapton. One of the unsung heroes of the Australian music sceen

NewRiders1971.jpg

Their first 4 albums were the most stoned and most bluegrassy of all the cosmic cowboys and they're all great, but this one, the first, is my favourite.

Not sure about this one. Robert Wyatt has a distinct vocal, and it gets on my pip sometimes.

1972 original, I think this issue is late 70's.

Matching Mole ‎– Matching Mole
Label:
CBS ‎– 32105, CBS ‎– CBS 32105
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
UK

O, Caroline, that opens that album, is totally out of place on it and one of the greatest love songs I've ever heard.

O, Caroline, that opens that album, is totally out of place on it and one of the greatest love songs I've ever heard.

It was an okay listen, I have loads more Wyatt to listen to, I love his voice on Shipbuilding, but I need to work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back