What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
BY62ydE.jpg

Blue Note 80 vinyl reissue series

Mother of all bad moods today.

So, loud angry stuff for a while.

Metallica - Master of Puppets >

now Rage Against The Machine first album (1992 - jesus!)

edit: eeek the mood didnt last.

Duke Ellington - 'New Orleans Suite' US pressing, and now back to the Tom Moulton Phily sound.

Last edited:
Been on a listening binge as I’m between projects right now (prompted by a shining beacon in an otherwise iffy pitchfork ‘chart’) but I really wanna do a cover version of “lost boys” but rework it as “soft boys”...

Had one of those "Blimey, I'd forgotten I'd got that" kind of days today.

Synchro System - King Sunny Ade - original vinyl. Stunning record.

Which was close in the rack to King Crimson but Robert Fripp was also there with The League of Crafty Guitarists and Under Heavy Manners / God Save the Queen.

Hadn't heard that in years. Proper cheered me up it did.

I am resplendent in divergence...ism

Yeah, I still prefer Songs about ****ing, but I didn’t see the Atomizer remaster, it’s probably worth a punt too. That was a home basement recording done on a TEAC 4 track and gnarly sounding, very thin on my stretchy cassette copy but a foo foo audiophile remaster might do it for me.

Dumpster diving discogs and used stores for Alternative Tentacles and associated stuff, Alice Donut, Killdozer, Squirrel-bait, Butthole surfers, Killdozer, Jesus lizard, BASTRO, Slint, Tar, Arc-welder, Volcano Suns, Killdozer. These are all too brief and precious as the commercial resurgence of punk took over (such as Nirvana, Green Day, Offspring and so on spawning other pop punk dilutions) and fewer ppl paid attention to the neat-AF noise rock genre anymore. Only Is it in hindsight they are appreciated as progenitors of a more robust and commercially successful (Radio friendly genre). I keep looking backwards in order to see how to go forwards.

Some really nice sounds coming out of Shellac: Excellent Italian Greyhound - on the whole, Albini knows how to do it right.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/90698-shellac-excellent-italian-greyhound

Ok, if you’re gonna play Isambard-Kingdom 4 strings, I guess I better play the one by the Creepy Uncle you’d want to leave your kids alone with then, Nosferatu, as it’s technically more my cup of tea. Goth-meets-New Wave with insane drumming.

Good version of White Room as well, better than the original anyway.

Was "Lahs", new one by Allah-Las, mostly gently psychedelic California pop with a few oddities in there too. Think "Notorious Byrd Brothers". This one reminds me of The Long Ryders...

Now "Bringing It All Back Home". Did I need another copy? No, but my newish local record shop* had a UK first press mono, I'd say VG/VG+, for a decent price so I brought it back home and it sounds great, really fresh and immediate.

* Wax and Beans in Bury. Not much unusual in the new vinyl but one or two nice things s/h, a decent cup of coffee and Ben is a good guy. It's opposite the bus and tram station if you're in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back