Vinyl, LP, Album, Stereo
UK
Released:
04 Jan 1980
Genre:
Rock
Style:
Alternative Rock, New Wave

'The Kinks' - double mono LP on Pye Records featuring all their singles & B-sides up to and including 'Days'.

morri-500x500.jpg

Ennio Morricone - Controfase

This is probably my favourite work by Morricone and I had only heard of it a couple of years ago. It is an incredible listen and odd as I don't always get on with more abstract / avant garde / modern classical music but this just slots right in when I play it.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Pre-Flyte by The Byrds. This killer take on Hoyt Axton's Willie Jean by David Crosby sounds pretty far out for 1964.

(CD Rip played via MusicBee on a PC through a Dacmagic & Fostex 0.4's, if you're into that sort of thing)

SkyLarking by XTC. One of my faves by this band. Recently purchased a remastered copy of this on vinyl and it sounds great. I only had a tape version before and hadn't heard it in years.
220px-Xtcsl2.jpg

Finishing the BN80 trio of July reissues with Bobbi Humphrey - 'Blacks and Blues'. This is really more 70's 'Funk' than soul jazz..

Free System Projekt - British Aisles Vol 1.

Half of their Leicester set from 2008 finally makes it onto CD, just waiting for the second set.

Was: Spitting Image by The Strypes - their remarkably accomplished swansong, obviously influenced by Dave Edmunds & Elvis Costello.

Is: Parquet Courts: Human Performance

An uncharacteristically contemporary evening's listening.

Uniting of Opposites - Ancient Lights.

Have no idea of which is which, ie record title/performers.

Bloss

Larry Carlton and Robben Ford - Unplugged
Fantastic playing by all concerned and a superb live recording.
Track two "That Road" is stunning, give your speakers a workout :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back