advertisement

What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just played this album from start to finish for the first time since I bought it in 1993 as a 7 year old. I think it was the very first CD I ever bought, spurred on by seeing the music video to "Two Princes" on VH1. I recall spending my summer holiday pocket money on it, from a W.H.Smiths at a service station on the way home from a holiday in Wales. Those were the days when CDs were criminally expensive, I think it was around 15 quid! :eek:

I remember driving my parents up the wall playing it for a couple of weeks before losing interest, as you do at that age. Revisiting it 26 years later makes me appreciate what a cracking album it is, it's got a killer funky groove running throughout that you just can't help tapping your feet to and, to my surprise, is remarkably well-engineered for a 90s Alt Rock album, - it sounds ace on my "grown up system". I can't believe I neglected it for the last 25 years!...

Spin Doctors - Pocket Full Of Kryptonite:
51WtXlFSboL._SY355_.jpg

Reactions: MVJ
Brainwaltzera, Poly-Ana. Electronic jiggery-pokery that sounds a bit like Aphex Twin, a bit like BoC, but utterly distinctive all the same.

"When I have fears" new album by The Murder Capital. I've also got the new RIDE album but haven't had time to listen yet as i cant stop listening to the former.

I just played this album from start to finish for the first time since I bought it in 1993 as a 7 year old. I think it was the very first CD I ever bought, spurred on by seeing the music video to "Two Princes" on VH1. I recall spending my summer holiday pocket money on it, from a W.H.Smiths at a service station on the way home from a holiday in Wales. Those were the days when CDs were criminally expensive, I think it was around 15 quid! :eek:

I remember driving my parents up the wall playing it for a couple of weeks before losing interest, as you do at that age. Revisiting it 26 years later makes me appreciate what a cracking album it is, it's got a killer funky groove running throughout that you just can't help tapping your feet to and, to my surprise, is remarkably well-engineered for a 90s Alt Rock album, - it sounds ace on my "grown up system". I can't believe I neglected it for the last 25 years!...

Spin Doctors - Pocket Full Of Kryptonite:
51WtXlFSboL._SY355_.jpg

This album is pretty good too..:cool:

71evGM4gtiL._AC_UL436_SEARCH212385_.jpg

UB40..

81U5IfwzRHL._AC_UL436_SEARCH212385_.jpg

Not up to the standard of their early stuff but I just love what they do:p But then again not many bands keep the standard up either..

Renaissance - Turn of the Cards.

An old favorite from the 1970s and a quite early purchase. My dad loved it when i played it (incessantly, as you do).
Tidal (via Roon) is carrying a remastered version which is a bit more dynamic than my old LP, Annies voice pushed forward further I fancy.

Josh White - 'Josh White Stories Vol 1'. Vinyl, mono 1957 UK HMV original. Nice local charity shop find yesterday. Not that rare, but both LP and cover in near mint condition and only £2. Usually they overprice early record pressings in this shop as they don't take condition in to account.This copy though sounds excellent and much quieter than this YouTube clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back