advertisement

What are you listening to right now #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do so many of us state that they are listening to "X" on vinyl? What difference does it make to the music you are listening to? Apart from surface noise, clicks, pops and end of side distortion?:)

Chris

Why do so many of us state that they are listening to "X" on vinyl? What difference does it make to the music you are listening to? Apart from surface noise, clicks, pops and end of side distortion?:)

Chris

It is a badge of honour, to be stated with pride.

Bloss

Seriously, why though? We listen to music, not hi fi. Or at least we should. Listening to music just to appreciate hi fi is a sad and barren thing to do.
Chris

True about the listening to music, it is good on anything, but at home the issues that surround maintaining a vinyl set up and the care of records show a dedication to that medium.

Bloss

R-5614207-1398016674-5062.jpeg.jpg

One of the finest investments in vinyl any lover of Seventies soul could make.

Chris

You are clearly an intruder from some other world. Round my way, even vinyl won’t do. If it don’t involve ten inches of shellac played at 78rpm, it ain’t shit. Indeed, the hifi snob in me longs for the day I get to own Dark Side of the Moon on 16rpm. I continue hanging on in quiet desperation, because that’s the Floyd fan way....

So far this evening:
Antibalas - Where The Gods Are In Peace
Juana Molina - Salvese Quien Pueda EP

Now onto:
EST Live In London (a gig I was at - so nice to get a record of it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back