advertisement

What are you listening to right now #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished: Darol Anger / Barbara Higbie - Tideline

Next: Mark Shreeve - Assassin

Not his first LP but the the one where he stopped all the 'Kosmische' stuff and found his style - the aggressive sequencing and powerful melodies. The title track is a superb reworking of 'Assault on Precinct 13'.

Next stop, writing hit singles for Samantha Fox.

Charlie Rouse, Takin Care of Business. Seems strange to describe Rouse as underrated, seeing as he was the lead sax in Monk's band for years, but I think he was. His records as leader don't get the attention they deserve.

The Highwaymen led me to this:

51C45v1anKL.jpg

A truly superb bit of Americana. Not a bad track on it.
I got it at the time of release, and it was very much not the kind of thing I would normally buy. But it was and is superb.

Chris

Tom Johnston’s Doobies - ‘The Captain & Me’ reminding myself of what an awesome track ‘Soul City Midnight Lady’ is.

Cluster, Zuckerzeit. Always sounds to me like music cooked up in a secret lab by a couple of mad professors. Which it was, more or less.

Listening to a Japanese mini LP version of Yes Fragile, I really adore this album, but I don't really like much of their other albums that I've heard.

John Surman from 1969 - Way Back When - with John Taylor, Mike Osborne, Brian Odgers and John Marshall. This period of British Jazz seems to have been almost forgotten :(

Software - Digital Dance

Gave this a play after hearing this vaporwave track that uses the track 'Island Sunrise':

Original:

Booker Ervin, Exultation. Been playing through all my Ervin collection over the last week, to see if I really need all of it, or if I can sell some of it to make room for new stuff. Turns out I do need all of it. Oh, well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back