advertisement

What are you listening to right now #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
NgXZ2mD.png

7zpay2z.png

The 24/96 HDTracks versions are super clean... I am not sure the splurge on a legit 24-bit Talking Heads 77 (with the 5.1 extra mix) was worth is as it was recorded in a chickenshack (well, Sundragon Studios) but it was only a bit more than the 16/44.1 so meh but this... this is a super busy crammed to the gills mix and I think it benefits.

Probably the best versions of the Talking Heads masters are from the Talking Heads 'Brick' release which will cost a bomb on Discogs but you might get lucky.

The Brick had the "Dual Disc" that Jerry Harrison presided over the cleaning up and rebalancing, each release in the set has a standard resolution CD side, but on the DVD side there'a multi-channel Dolby Digital surround and a Dolby Digital stereo mixes for DVD-Video players. The 24/96kHz stereo track is separate from the and raw rebalanced 96kHz 24-bit mix is there and that sucker peels away just fine.

The problem track on this LP is the end of "Memories Can Wait" which is closing a cramped Side One of the vinyl and gets very compressed and flat and tizzy. The whole vinyl experience is pretty subpar next to this.

Not bad for an all analog New York loft recording that was supposed to just be a bunch of demos.

17523523_1762236914106631_8061558709439013045_n.jpg

Still looking for the South Bank Show video of this, it has been released somewhere....

I still have the original LPs of these, as well as the other albums up to Little Creatures, and I think they are probably the ones I would save first.

Jono

Probably the best versions of the Talking Heads masters are from the Talking Heads 'Brick' release which will cost a bomb on Discogs but you might get lucky.

The Brick had the "Dual Disc" that Jerry Harrison presided over the cleaning up and rebalancing, each release in the set has a standard resolution CD side, but on the DVD side there'a multi-channel Dolby Digital surround and a Dolby Digital stereo mixes for DVD-Video players. The 24/96kHz stereo track is separate from the and raw rebalanced 96kHz 24-bit mix is there and that sucker peels away just fine.

The problem track on this LP is the end of "Memories Can Wait" which is closing a cramped Side One of the vinyl and gets very compressed and flat and tizzy. The whole vinyl experience is pretty subpar next to this.

Not bad for an all analog New York loft recording that was supposed to just be a bunch of demos.

Still looking for the South Bank Show video of this, it has been released somewhere....

South Bank Show programme is on this

The 24/96 masters are also available on the UK CD+DVDA reissues from 2006

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

Thought you might like this tweet...

https://twitter.com/dark_shark/status/849751328515543040

Jono

Found the Talking Heads South Bank Show "Fear of Music" documentary on the Google global piracy platform...

I like the current older, wiser, greyer more academic and less neurotic Byrne a lot more...

Last edited by a moderator:
8iFTzQw.png

@jono no but it is on a few of those streaming services i seem to be given free with Amazon might try it at 320kbps

@claire its worth a listen just for the very 1980's modern ballet vibe.

Also how about Under Heavy Manners/God Save the Queen by Fripp with DB on vocals? Another left field offering, loops of tape gone mad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back