advertisement

What are you listening to right now #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemingly stuck in a 'British Jazz from the 60s/70s' mode (on original vinyl):

Earlier, Stan Tracey - 7 Ages of Man, followed by there debut S/T album by Michael Gibbs. Next on will be Mike Westbrook's 'Metropolis'.

Pieces of a Man.

My DSD128 rip of the original vinyl.

Sublime.

GSH. Sadly missed - what would he have written about Donald?

UGzwRCp.png

...for a year and three months, I have been playing this and I'm coming to the reluctant conclusion that I am hearing only self-indulgent plinque-du-jour. Bits of Nagaoka are like him shoo-ing off a cat that had jumped up on his keyboard.

If this carries on I'll be deleting this set. It does little for me these days.

Seemingly stuck in a 'British Jazz from the 60s/70s' mode (on original vinyl):

Earlier, Stan Tracey - 7 Ages of Man, followed by there debut S/T album by Michael Gibbs. Next on will be Mike Westbrook's 'Metropolis'.

British jazz from that period is always good to 'spin'. Miss those days listening to these British bands live in various small London pubs and in particularly the late night sessions by the Summer School Jazz course leaders and members that took place each year in Barry, South Wales. Most of the great British Jazz players always attended.

Today was Stan Tracey 'The Latin Ameican Caper' original Landsdown series 1969 LP.
Now Keith Tippett - 'You are here ....I am there' 1970 original Polydor LP.

CD version—lovely songs and noise in equal measure.

What a band too!

David Bedford / Organ, Piano, Accordion, Marimbaphone, Guitar
Lol Coxhill / Saxophone, Zoblophone
Mike Oldfield / Bass, Guitar and vocal
Mick Fincher / Drums, Percussion, Bottles & Ashtrays
Bridget St. John / Vocals

220px-Shootingatthemoon.jpg

Stephen

Checking out some un-named reel tapes..currently listening to Sutherland Brothers and Quiver "Reach for the sky"...nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back