advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running in a Lyra Delos with Kraftwerk's Minimum - Maximum. Sounding amazing straight out of the box - I think I like this cartridge!

I like Midnight Vultures. The first four tracks are excellent and I like the production.
Four? Five surely (Hollywood Freaks is occasionally my favourite)!

Just listened with a more critical ear. No, it's really one of my favourite albums. The only two tracks IMO that aren't vintage Beck (though they're counterpoints rather than duffers) are Peaches and Cream, and Debra ... maybe the falsettos?!

Anyway Odelay is kind of chilled/nuts (flipping back and forth within most tracks) and Midnite Vultures is chilled/party time (each track being, for the most part, one or the other). Different kinds of albums but we shouldn't expect, or perhaps even want, Odelay 2.

In terms of my favourite albums there are precious few artists that feature more than once (e.g. The Beatles) so well done Beck.

Elvis Presley / Elvis Presley, Simply Vinyl 180g re-issue. Not my favourite Elvis period, and as a result I've not played this much. However it's sounding good and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Back to black circles right now as nas has got a bust disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back