advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dexter gordon - one flight up (also a heavenly sweetness reissue)

Lovely

Donald Byrd - Kofi (yep HS reissue)

This sits under my rule of no blue notes after blackbird.

He is very very close to the funk soul jazz crossover he was searching for in Blackbyrd, there are real essences of where Miles was going with this, a first time for me. Fascinating modalities but the structure is very much at the edges I of the blues and jazz framework and I can hear what Marc Marc Moulin must have been tapping into for his placebo sessions work. Love the happy gallop of the double bass and drums on fufu... With all that electric piano in downward scales... Minor and major together give it a superb edge with the flute.

A good buy. The mastering on this is nice, these pressings are quieter

A lazy morning of Radiohead B-Sides and Pink Floyd bootlegs.

Currently, Radiohead / Polyethylene. They threw this away as a B-side?

Donald Byrd - Kofi (yep HS reissue)
and I can hear what Marc Marc Moulin must have been tapping into for his placebo sessions work.
I hear influence from Donald Byrd (Places and Spaces), in addition to Stevie Wonder and Herbie Hancock, in Jamiroquai's album 'Emergency on Planet Earth'. For me that's more a jazz funk album with some pop singles sprinked in - apparent only when you listen all the way through.

Will check out Kofi and Moulin.

Edit: Am listening to track Kofi on Spotify ... wow, great. Hey, St. Germain sampled that on Tourist!
Marc Moulin, yeah nice for my Sunday and I hear a connection at least (though I don't have your depth of knowledge), ta Fox.

Captain Beefheart - Doc at the Radar Station.

The track Telephone is shockingly true now, perhaps to some?

All day in bed listening to streamed Autechre tri repetae and incunabula as well as plaid I started the day with mobley's no room for squares on vinyl from the heavenly sweetness blue note reissue on vinyl.

I think I would like some Autechre on vinyl because the packaging and art looks ace. But it's pretty swell sounding stuff as downloads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back