advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was: Slint - Spiderland
Is: Kelpe - Fourth: The Golden Eagle
Will be: Luke Abbott - Holkham Drones

Miles / Original Mono Recordings. All of 'em, in order. A bit of a luxury purchase, but I didn't have 'Lift to the Scaffold' on CD and it's nice to have the original running order of 'Miles & Monk at Newport' and aw hell, it was only 30 quid for 9 discs.

CSS - Donkey
Grace Jones - Nightclubbing (Island 1989 CD)
Interpol - Our Love To Admire
Howard Jones - Dream Into Action (1985 CD).

J.J. Cale - Oakie via Qobuz ........ Couple of beers, couple of splifflettes, home made pastitsio and gigantes in the oven, horiatiki in the fridge ...... a very pleasant evening. :)

After three hours on the motorways of England and Wales, I am home from home.

Kind of Blue (Mono CD) conveyed via my lovely ESL 63s. It sounds utterly fabulous. God I wish I had tomorrow off work.

Was: King Crimson - Red
Is: Simple Minds - Sister Feelings Call
Will be:Masayoshi Fujita & Jan Jelinek - Bird, Lake, Objects

The Kooks - Inside In Inside Out (2006 CD). Have always been in two minds about it. Most enjoyed hearing track Naive after not hearing the album for so long.
Now that's put me on to Razorlight's self titled (2006 CD).

Currently Led Zeppelin II on the recent remastered vinyl release, preceded by LZ I, Terence Trent D'Arby Introducing... (for the first time in maybe 20 years, unexpectiedly good) and Santana Abraxas. Yesterday's vinyl fest included Solti's Die Walkūre, Yes Fragile, Miles Davis In Person at the Black Hawk and Paul Simon There Goes Rhyming Simon. RLJ Pop Pop next. Good use of a few days' holiday.

Original vinyl - amazing composed power.

Stephen

cover_5338132582009.jpg

Was: Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Is: Arab Strap - Philophobia
Will be: Bert Jansch - Avocet

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back