advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 40

Playing two Library (Production Music) discs:

Brian Bennett & Francis Monkman - Fantasia one of Francis' (Curved Air keyboardman) better library lps, like his "Energism" lp in places, discoid beats -shitty drumming like SKY in others

Stefano Torossi "Feelings" If your after an Issac Hayes "Shaft"-sounding disc, only all-instrumental, then this is right up yor alley: saucy woodwinds, sexy wah-wah, lush strings

The Blue Aeroplanes - Beatsongs, having picked up a copy of the deeeloooxe CD edition cheap.

Curtain pole fixing today and running the Zeppelin albums through.
Lots of poles so up to Houses so far.

The Zeppelin rotation seems to have stuck at Presence, some one hit repeat.
Never mind, baby it's alright, it's alright.

John,

Were you lucky enough to get the SD vinyl 2 x 12" + 7", or the CD version is it?

btw, I was in Norwich this week, went to Soundclash, hasn't changed much in 20 years, still a good selection of different types of music, mostly on vinyl there.

If you are still able to go to Hardwax, try and get JA & MVO - Borderlands parts 1,2,3 on vinyl, like SD, they are going super scarce and going for £70 each! Doesn't look as if I will complete my set there :(

Also btw, I went to Cardiff this week, Catapault had some #50Weapons vinyl in the bargain bins on the floor, on the right hand side, looking towards the counter.

DS

John,

Were you lucky enough to get the SD vinyl 2 x 12" + 7", or the CD version is it?

btw, I was in Norwich this week, went to Soundclash, hasn't changed much in 20 years, still a good selection of different types of music, mostly on vinyl there.

If you are still able to go to Hardwax, try and get JA & MVO - Borderlands parts 1,2,3 on vinyl, like SD, they are going super scarce and going for £70 each! Doesn't look as if I will complete my set there :(

Also btw, I went to Cardiff this week, Catapault had some #50Weapons vinyl in the bargain bins on the floor, on the right hand side, looking towards the counter.

DS

Got back from Berlin yesterday so Hardwax is no longer within walking distance. I got the download of the SD album based on hearing the 'Test Session' vinyl. Cheapo option but the music is ace.

Soundclash doesn't seem to change year to year. I bought all my On-U Sound from him, mostly when it was a stall in the indoor market across the street and prior to that when he worked in 'Backs'.

I'll get down to Catapult on Monday and take a peek - the new Anstam LP is on the list but I doubt that's in the bargain rack and I need to thank the RSA for his nuanced intsructions regarding how to find Hardwax.

Edit: Looking on Boomkat it seems tha the CD you mention isn't the same as the album. It says 10 tracks and that they are reworked. The d/l I've got is 8 tracks but I've no idea if it's based on the LP or the CD! Then there's two samplers, neither of which have track titles that match up with the LP/CD/d/l. Plus of course the Test Session that is live but only bears slight resemblence to anything on the LP. Is the solution here just to buy all of it and assume it will be great?

John,

Yes, the Test versions and live versions and the LP and CD versions are all worth having, as well as the reworks and so forth, given that they have ceased production, it would seem best to get them before they get all lost to speculators is it.

I was slow off the mark and didn't buy the LP the day it came out, and it seems that all the shop copies were snagged by the RSAs anyway.

As to Catapult, you are right, there are no new #50 in the bins, but some older singles there.

DS

advertisement

Back