advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 40

Cecil Taylor Unit Live in the Black Forest.

- wickedly good edition of the Unit with Shannon Jackson on drums.

Eliane Elias, I thought about you, Tribute to Chet Baker, a Brazilian singer and pianist with a lovely reedy saxophone quality about her voice, my current favourite.

John Zorn and Electric Masada - At The Mountains Of Madness. Recommended to me when I posed the question "After Miles Davis, what next?" Brain-meltingly good in places (opens with the kind of barrage of drums that lifts ceilings) but also passages of great delicacy and atmosphere. 45 mins in and nearly two hours to go (suspect I won't be allowed to listen to it in one sitting.

Trichotomy - Chase

A free download from the Naim website and it's not bad...
Just the job for taking a break from picking blackcurrants.

Reef- Glow

On vinyl," Summer's in bloom"(wish it was it 's winter here in Melbourne)
A very underrated band and album, fan****intastic.

Om / Live Conference. Clear Orange Vinyl LP. I'm not sure I've ever actually listened to this before. I can remember buying it at a gig but I think we went off on holiday straight after and it just got filed. Seems to be two side long tracks from the Chris Hakius era. Might dig out Live at Jerusalem next.

Oxes / Oxes. On youtube because I somehow neglected to rip the CDs to my HD before storing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buddy Guy – Bring 'Em In

It's nice when guitar players know which note is the right note to play right off the bat, and don't have to play 100 to figure it out.

advertisement

Back