advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 39

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 Phat Cnuts - Ride (Sasha & BT's breakbeat groover), as I try to shoehorn the vocal from Azealia Bank's rather rude 212* over the top of it (works quite well actually)

*which for some reason has been this week's earworm.

Miles / Live in Tokyo. I wish Miles had held onto Sam Rivers for a bit longer. I suppose there must be bootlegs of other shows but a studio date would have been nice.

61CEz88HeHL.jpg

Barry.

Average White Band:AWB-Work To Do

Vinyl repress, I've a first press that has been played to death, bought this repress last week, sounds great.

2 Phat ***** now Classic Rock is it?

Well. it is not really like Yes, Genesis, ELP, Zep and all that there.

DS

Jim Reeves. Big old 3 CD compilation.
I find myself revisiting old Jim's music every so often. He was a huge favourite of my Dad's but I used to just see him as twee and old fashioned.

Well, much of his stuff is as corny as hell, but that's hardly unusual in country music.

On the positive side, he had a terrific, effortless way with a song which never seemed to strain his sonorous voice. And he did it all without getting into the suspect vocal gymnastics so prevalent in 'country'.

The old classics. 'Four Walls', 'Guilty' etc., have stood the test of time well.

Add to this impeccable production values, the honky plonky sound of Floyd Cramer's piano etc., and you have some very good music. Credit where it's due.

Mull

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back