advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah early Simple Minds were brilliant. Shame they went so utterly shite. I think the rot maybe started setting in on New Gold Dream, although at the time I really liked it. Might have to spin some of the old stuff.

Moondance - Van Morrison on LP

Could there be a better 1st side to an LP?

1. And It Stoned Me
2. Moondance
3. Crazy Love
4. Caravan
5. Into The Mystic

I'm hard pressed to think of one off the top of my head...all killer, no filler !

Paul

Yep, struggling to argue with this, so:

was: Clifford T Ward - Home Thoughts

is: Van Morrison - Moondance

next: Billy Butler and the Enchanters - The Right Track

and to finish off with: Sam Cooke - The Man and his Music

That'll get me in the mood for Rock 'n Roll at Royces club tonight "Some Like it Hot"....live music, dunno how I pulled it all in before becoming a Penno:D

Dave

Yeah early Simple Minds were brilliant. Shame they went so utterly shite. I think the rot maybe started setting in on New Gold Dream, although at the time I really liked it. Might have to spin some of the old stuff.

Nah, NGD was fantastic.....Herbie Hancock's solo on 'Hunter And The Hunted', Derek Forbes' basslines on '....Catherine Wheel' and 'Big Sleep', Peter Walsh's superb production etc- Great record imo.

Orbital - The middle of Nowhere - Truely epic, electronic journey, this has not been out of my CD player all week, an album you can Just press play sit back close your eyes and enjoy from start to finish.

The best bit about it the album cost me £1.30 including delivery to my address now that's VFM! :D

First time for a while I've had a chance for a proper session;

41Gc1S9HptL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Beth Jeans Houghton and the hooves of destiny.
Listened to this a lot on't ipod but sounding good on vinyl;quiet recording/master so needs the volume turning up.

41emkoYDMFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No intro needed there.

51jcu51DaIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Excellent ORG remaster.

ZZ Top - Eliminator :)

Haven't played it in years but saw a tribute band last night, seems they were better than the real thing...

Was: Tame Impala - Innerspeaker (Australian psychedlic/stoner rock from 2010 - unusual)
Is: Peaking Lights - 936 (boy/girl US dub/electronica on yellow vinyl - Thanks Martin M)

Orbital - The middle of Nowhere - Truely epic, electronic journey, this has not been out of my CD player all week, an album you can Just press play sit back close your eyes and enjoy from start to finish.

The best bit about it the album cost me £1.30 including delivery to my address now that's VFM! :D

Haven't listened to that one for a while. Just got it off the shelf for a listen. But some of their albums are masterpieces and so immersive. I wore out my copies of the Brown album and Insides with repeated listening.

Damian.

Paul Simon - So beautiful or what

I wasn't so keen when I first heard the album but now, just listening tonight, I really like it. Changes in my system really bring it to life.

Fac. Dance vinyl compilation from last year - a slightly less "obvious" sample of Factory Records' output in the 1980s, albeit that it features the likes of Quando Quango, ACR, Durutti Column, etc. Incredible to think this stuff is 30 years old!

And now for something different, just been listening to Dirty Beaches who seems like the real deal. Very unique and original, echoing the sound of Phil Spectre.

"This set of influences, which extends to the minimal thrust of Suicide and the Cramps' manic rockabilly, feels unique, simply because it's been largely untouched by indie music during the past decade or so."

Honestly mesmerising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back