advertisement

What are you listening to right now #3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuck Andress – Reckless Precision
This guy is really a phenomenal jazz guitarist, in the Martin Taylor school but with some Hendrix thrown in.

Next up will be Cedar Walton Trio – Latin Tinge.
With Cucho Martinez and Ray Mantilla on bass/drums, respectively, and Cedar's piano work is sublime. And it's a Rudy Van Gelder 24-bit recording to boot.

I see some herbert has stolen this thread for the Naim forum. I'll be instructing my lawyers.

Kraftwerk, Minimum-Maximum. Cool. My vinyl's flat, too. Tony, take yours back.

-- Ian

John Zorn, Locus Solus. One of my favourite Zorn projects, utterly demented improvised "rock" music from 1983, made with 5 different bands: Zorn, Christian Marclay, Peter Blegvad; Zorn, Anton Fier, Arto Lindsay; Zorn, Wayne Horvitz, Ikue Mori; Zorn, Whiz Kid, Mark Miller; and Zorn, Mark Miller, Arto Lindsay. The 5 groups are all different, all equally bonkers. My favourite is probably the first, Marclay's lunatic turntablist experiments gell beautifully with Zorn's duck calls and farting noises, while Blegvad intones surrealist nonsense in a faux-serious voice over the top. Great fun. As Zorn says in his sleevenotes, "This shit is weird. What the **** is going on here?"

The Zorn/Fier/Lindsay band reunited for last year's live Locus Solus outing, released as vol. 3 of Zorn's 50th birthday series, which is almost as entertaining as the original record.

-- Ian

Originally posted by sideshowbob
I see some herbert has stolen this thread for the Naim forum. I'll be instructing my lawyers.

Kraftwerk, Minimum-Maximum. Cool. My vinyl's flat, too. Tony, take yours back.

-- Ian

Just had a quick peek. We listen to much better music this side of the cyber water!

Currently: Arthur Russell: The World of... Got out of the wrong side of bed: this is putting things right for me.

Kevin

The Doors' first album, complete with sweary bits not on the 'Weird Scenes Inside the Goldmine' compilation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back