advertisement

What are you listening to right now #3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was: The Fall Peel Sessions CD2 - session Six was a blinder!

Is: Julian Cope - Fried. You want mad pop? This is it.

Cheers

Rich

Originally posted by Soundcraft
What's this like Alex? I saw it in HMV this week and it got the "Hmm, I'll think about that" treatment. Should I?

If you like fairly fierce riot grrrrrl stuff, then absolutely. If you expect it to be like the Cocteau Twins, then you might be in for a shock.

I've only played it a couple of times, but I like it so far.

Was: kexp fund drive, while driving
Is: Caribou- The Milk of Human Kindness, while eating curried peas and mushrooms on rice
Will be: Stuff in my keep or sell purgatory

Was: Swordfish soundtrack
Is: Silver Jews- American Water (which other album(s) of theirs should I own?)
Will be: Something noisy

American Water's ace. Get hold of Bright Flight too, probably my favourite (much more Nashville-ish).

Derek Bailey/George Lewis/John Zorn, Yankees. Terrific.

-- Ian

Yet more Fall Peel Sessions. Bloody great - but felt a slight drop in quality on CD4 particularly Fourteen and Fifteen. Still 2 CDs worth to go - brilliant!

Rich

Arthur Russell, World of Echo. Electronically processed cello and delicate voice, texture and gesture rather than songs as such. Nothing like his dance records, although there is a (very different) version of "Wax The Van". Unique, beautiful.

-- Ian

ErikL

Is: Silver Jews- American Water (which other album(s) of theirs should I own?)

I have Bright Flight (as well as American Water). Bright Flight was their last album and came out in 2001. I have a hard time choosing whether I prefer AW or BF. Both excellent.

The joys of Squeezebox meant that I was able to line up an afternoon of Mingus today:
* Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
* Blues & Roots
* Mingus Ah Um
* Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus

Followed by some Dylan - Blood on the tracks

Then an evening of vinyl:
* Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light - really good live 2 LP set
* Sade - Diamond Life

Not sure what will be next - perhaps end the night with some Sinatra? Perhaps something else...

Stuart.

Originally posted by Stuart Mason
The joys of Squeezebox meant that I was able to line up an afternoon of Mingus today:
* Black Saint and the Sinner Lady
* Blues & Roots
* Mingus Ah Um
* Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus Mingus
Class.
Back with Grace Jones (and Sly & Robbie) ATM. Next up, de Lassus. How's that for contrast...

Ohhh...Grace Jones. Not heard her in a while.

Finishing off the evening with Al Green - Let's stay together.

Tomorrow, dunno yet, but will be working from home again so there's plenty of potential for a music filled winter's day.

Stuart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back