advertisement

What are you listening to right now #14?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ErikL said:
REM- Murmur

I noticed someone (you?) mention Murmer on the 10 Albums thread, which reminded me of Perfect Circle. Gave it a play just now and what a beautifulllllllllllll song.

Before that t'was, Scott Matthews - Passing Stranger.

Now t'is, Aesop Rock - Fastcars, danger, fire and knives.

ErikL said:
Despite the title, "The Funeral" is one of my favorite singles on the radio this summer.

The band is no more, so maybe it really is appropriately named?
Are you sure? They are still scheduled to appear in Eugene in October and Seattle after that (link). Was thinking of getting tickets, but... (?)

Was listening to the first Jessamine album which I finally got a hold of. Not as good as Don't Stay Too Long, but some good stuff nonetheless.

finally got round to buying a new battery for my MD, so while I'm typing it's the Great Jazz Trio Live at the Vanguard Volumes 1&2. Hank Jones, Ron Carter and Tony Williams.

d

Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

After hearing all the talk, and being a long-time fan of "The Colour of Spring", I finally found this one and am listening for the first time.

Fan-

Talk Talk are a band I didn't discover until relatively recently, and they immediately became one of my favs. Fantastic.

Was: Radiohead- OK Computer
Is: Dismemberment Plan- Emergency & I
Will Be: A buddy's high school punky math rock band, NJS (New Jersey Sucks)

So far this evening

Cannonball Adderley - Something Else . a must for anyone who has liked Kind of Blue
The Necks - Hanging Garden - still astonishing
Joe Herriot - Abstract - picked up in sale recently and being played a lot.

Kevin

is Television - Marquee Moon: picked up a nice vinyl copy yesterday. I remember buying this when it first came out here - but sold it shortly afterwards- Why???
Next up Suicide - american supreme - probably followed by a few more as I attempt to put my new expedit together - the vinyl is overspilling from the Ladderax it's currently on

In A Silent Way ~ Miles Davis

Finally gave this a full spin. Quite pretty, one to chill to.

The Blues And The Abstact Truth ~ Oliver Nelson

Just caught up with this one again too. As fresh as anything in jazz.

Dave Holland and Sam Rivers ~ Sam Rivers and Dave Holland

Extended soprano/bass and tenor/bass workouts. A bit folky in places, which takes the hard edge off it. Nice.

d

The sound of my grandchildren visiting.

There hasn't been much listening to music this last week, too much outside stuff going on. Peace will resume at the homestead in a few days, and maybe I will get a listen to the last pile to arrive from Tony's shop. I was thinking of using the "...Blood Yeti" LP as a punishment for any bad behaviour, but perhaps they would like it, and scheme to pinch my records in later years...

Hi,

Listening to

Late night Tales - Jamiroquai.

An album of tracks picked by Jamiroquai. A mix of funk, soul, jazz and disco from the likes of Pointer Sisters, Rufus & Chaka Khan, johnny Hammond, Kleer, Dexter Wansel, Leon Ware, Marvin Gaye and many others.

Dean

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back