advertisement

What are you listening to right now #12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny Rollins - Saxophone Colossus (with Tommy Flannagan, Max Roach, Doug Watkins)

Ready in waiting: Roland Kirk: Rip Rig and Panic (reissue)

Kid 606- Do sheep dream of macrobiotic humans?
This guy can funk when he wants to, Batmen is a beast

Absolutely top group mentalp, fantastic live too.

Liszt, l'Années de Pèlerinage, the Swiss one, played by Alfred Brendel.

-- Ian

Was: The Clean - Boodle Boodle Boodle Punky New Wave Kiwi-style (with just the right amount of 60s Garage added into the mix). As good as Mr Dawson said it was going to be!

Is: The Clean - Great Sounds Great, Good Sounds Good Carrying on the good work.

Will Be: A bunch of NZ indie stuff added on to the end of the E.P.s

You're a star Mr D.

Arctic Monkeys - recording of their live on NPR sesh.

Wonder what Washinton DC made of the crowd chanting 'if you don't ****ing bounce then you're a Bl*de'...

Tirath Singh Nirmala – Blossom Dawn Freckles

I like Tirath a lot... Where 'Smouldering Juniper' was fingerdrums, chimes and acoustic guitars, this one's sine waves, shenais and chanters. My favourite artist right now, and he has joined Neil Campbell's Astral Social Club which can only elevate what is one of the most diverse and exciting things ever to be put on cd-r.

LSG - The Best Of LSG 2xCD. Turned up in the mail today, I was very surprised to find Superstition.de had any left. Fabulous stuff from the king of German trance / techno / analogue bleeping; very stripped down almost ambient treatment of his finest moments.

Tony.

Peter Gabriel, Secret World Live. Shows that technology can only go so far as a substitute for musical inventiveness. The whole double album has about as many ideas as yer basic Coltrane album has in half a track. Or yer basic Mozart concerto. But some of the sounds are nice. And some of the grooves. On reflection, maybe this is one of those albums that need to be heard loud, but I can't do that at this time of the night.

Tony can you give us a link to that one please. Thanks

Here. They still have the vinyl too, but it misses the superb tripped out remixes of CD1. If you are ordering the vinyl grab two as I didn't realise it was available as I followed a slightly more direct link from Google. With LSG stuff you usually need both as they are always different, though in this case the vinyl is the bonus second CD.

Tony.

The Nectarine No 9- it's just the way things are joe,it's just the way things are
again - This is indeed excellent - only received it yesterday. Already had "Received, Transgressed and Transmitted" will be looking for the other albums though they do seem hard to find.

Musique du Burundi - on of the classics, if not an all-time fave.
Musique traditionelle d'afrique - flutes et rhythmes du Cameroun imagine, if you will, London Weekend Television or Granada deciding to produce a series of serious ethnomuscological records, because that's what one of their French equivalents was doing the 1970s.
Afrique Noire - Panorama de la musique instrumentale - superb compi on the wonderous BAM label

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back