advertisement

What are you listening to right now #10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ErikL said:
Still, I like them much more than the White Stripes.

Definately.
The tone is great, just requires a load of really crap gear:D I get the same sound with a really crappy distortion pedal I built, all the values are out and the transistors really really really suck. It sounds great :)

mentalp said:
Was: Shooglenifty - The Armsdealer's Daughter
Now:Mostar Sevdah Reunion - Mostar Sevdah Reunion
The Shooglenifty album is very good. What's the other one like?

Was: Mylo - Destroy Rock & Roll - Was recommended to me, how can you destroy R & R with a pile of derivative shite?

Now: Amplifier - s/t - Ahh! That's better.

ErikL said:
Still, I like them much more than the White Stripes.

Then you might (or might not) like to try Lords. "Pint Of Wine" is a cracker.

Been exploring a few of the bands on Gringo records, Soeza's album "Why do you do?" is a current fave.. Here's Gringo's myspazz site.

kev.

New shipment of CDs from yourmusic.com arrived today. So now and later:

Grace - Jeff Buckley
Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup
Gang of Four - Entertainment (reissue)
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Radiohead - Hail to the theif

All stuff, I've been meaning to get for a while, but I usually go for the latest releases instead of filling in the back catalog. At $5.99 ea. including shipping, it's worth wading past the Britney albums to find some gems.

rod said:
The Shooglenifty album is very good. What's the other one like?

/QUOTE]

It's good - picked it up at the weekend and have given it a few spins. amazon link here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005CC4Y/?tag=pinkfishmedia-20
I first heard of them through a BBC 3/4 documentary and bought "A Secret Gate" shortly after also very good (nice packaging too).

Will be getting more Shooglenifty once payday comes.
I saw Swamptrash a fair few times when they were going - always great fun. Found out about Shooglenifty from a track on the "Folk 'n' hell" compilation I picked up at the library - not a bad mixture on there either.
Pete

Hi Pete

The Mostar album sounds pretty good. I think I shall take a punt on it.

Shooglenifty's website, if you were not already aware. I would have like to have seen them earlier this month in Glasgow, but was on call.

Marmite said:
Been exploring a few of the bands on Gringo records, Soeza's album "Why do you do?" is a current fave.. Here's Gringo's myspazz site.

kev.

polaris are a really good band. their first lp is worth tracking down if you can find it. gringo is a good label.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back