advertisement

What are you listening to right now #10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P

Banned
Jim Noir - Tower of Love - on pink vinyl - thanks to whoever recd this on here. Excellent cheery stuff on a cold miserable day.

P

bor said:
I'll definitely try it again soon, Andy, if only out of curiosity. Maybe it's meant to be ironic ?

I think he was having a 'relationship' with her so probably felt obliged to leave the warbling in. Brains in his dick?

Andy

Sonic Youth – Sonic Nurse 2xlp
I picked this one up in the Reveal Records vinyl sale for £5 and not regretting it one bit. I haven't bought any SY since Dirty – this is a lot better. I especially like the tracks where they seem to glance back at their days with Branca.

Feck me the Reveal vinyl sale was good. In addition to the SY 2xlp I picked up some dub for my brother, Polyphonic Spree – Together we're heavy 2xlp, Steve Lacy – The Forest and the zoo lp and Sir Alan Bishop – Improvika no'd lp – £5 each!!!

Earlier it was Bach's Well Tempered Clavier book 1 played Barenboim

Now, some mulligan & baker - 'line for the lyons' sounds great.

Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert. The ECM thread prompted me to play this LP that has been on the shelf (never played) for years.

Duncan,

Very enjoyable, but this is my first WTC so I have no point of reference. A friend recommended I get any version except Gould, which he considered an abomination. Perhaps this version is also atypical. I'm now beginning to explore more Bach after BBC3's Bach fest over the holidays.

- Dan

People who don't like Gould seem to really not like him, probably because he was very successful. I think he's a brilliant player, but what do I know about classical music?

Evan Parker/Steve Beresford/John Edwards/Louis Moholo, Foxes Fox. Absolutely top drawer improv.

-- Ian

Boston - Boston

I remember this album being such a huge, huge thing... the parts that weren't played to death on the radio actually still sound really good (most notably, Hitch A Ride, on just now).

ISIS - Celestial

Now THIS is a band I'd love to see perform live. Like Mogwai, but less hopeful, and generally angrier about stuff. My fave album of the moment.

Prog fans, take note.

Betty Davis - Betty Davis Utterly Freak Fabulous. Everyone should have a copy.
Neil Schon does that blue-eyed blues-rock thang rather better than SRV. The meanest clavinet riffs on the block, a band sharper than Occam's razor and the Pointer sisters as backing singers for heavens sake.
A seriously brilliant record.

joel said:
Neil Schon does that blue-eyed blues-rock thang rather better than SRV.
Likely, especially since SRV was a master of the genuine brown-eyed variety. Still, Schon's no slouch at that thing he does (though I prefer when Robben Ford does it). Must investigate.

About to spin the new Ryan Adams - 29. Hopes are running high.

Tribalistas- s/t

Whenever I hear "Ja Sei Namorar" I'm reminded of cruising up the Paulista coast through Boiçucanga, Maresias, Ilhabela, São Sebastião, Ubatuba, etc (it was *the* song on the radio). Good times etc. Okay, now I'm feeling saudade... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back