advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
poding broad beans for nights meatballs with broad beans and lemon.

Making some homemade taramasalata from some smoked fish roe I acquired

Neighbour over the road brought me another enormous bag of basil from his allotment so I shall add pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil and turn it into pesto.
Should get at least half a litre.
It freezes easily.

Last edited:
Neighbour over the road brought me another enormous bag of basil so I shall add pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil and turn it into pesto.
It freezes easily.
A month or so ago i added a basil growing pot to our tesco delivery. Once it was here i divided it into four or five pieces and planted each bit into its own small pot. A couple of weeks later i put them all into a great big pot and i now have more basil than ever and its really healthy and great flavour. All for £1.50 plus time

A month or so ago i added a basil growing pot to our tesco delivery. Once it was here i divided it into four or five pieces and planted each bit into its own small pot. A couple of weeks later i put them all into a great big pot and i now have more basil than ever and its really healthy and great flavour. All for £1.50 plus time

we do that with basil.

I also plant out the pots of curly/flat leaf parsley, that grows well.

We have chives from a supermarket pot that lived through winter and are spreading slowly. The flowers are good to eat as well.

Yeah i did it with thyme and coriander too but whilst they’re growing reasonably they’re nothing like the basil.

Yeah i did it with thyme and coriander too but whilst they’re growing reasonably they’re nothing like the basil.

I doubt whether you have grown coriander or basil outside, which is what I was talking about.

I also did it with rosemary, and now have 3 bushes of it and another growing in the field. Rosemary seems fussy about the soil, but I have got away with it.

I’ve had Rosemary grow like mad here. My next door neighbour had it along the low wall along the front of his property but got rid because it was too vigorous.
Thyme, parsley and chives grow well to.
Basil seems to do ok until the first chilly evening, not freezing just cold, which sees it off.

Neighbour over the road brought me another enormous bag of basil from his allotment so I shall add pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil and turn it into pesto.
It freezes easily.
Wonderful stuff. Done the same myself. Next time you have the oven on I recommend baking some potatoes and turning them into gnocchi. Mine are imperfect looking but delicious, go well with the pesto and can go in the freezer too.

Basil, thyme and coriander are all outside. Thyme in the ground (gravel garden) others in pots. Also have rosemary and oregano in the gravel garden

Smoking tabs drinking witches brew and just nearly won £100000 on a scratch card, and received a ban of another forum just a few days but it might be more after I queried why, I'm chilled.

Looking forward (!) to visiting Aldi later.
I am going to write a list, which includes chicken.

Also I am going to contact Richer Sounds in Nottingham and see if they are doing demos yet. I still need to scratch the cdp itch.

We have the Bowie Glastonbury set to watch later, I might have a beer with that.

Also we have been playing Scrabble everyday for a few days. We play in the music room, so I get to play records as well. Winner winner.

1. Recording drums today and tomorrow. I LOVE HITTING SHIT.*
  2. Riffage
  3. Tea
(*Shiny new earworm leapfrogged the scheduled one.)

Last edited:
Smoking tabs drinking witches brew and just nearly won £100000 on a scratch card, and received a ban of another forum just a few days but it might be more after I queried why, I'm chilled.

I'm banned from two. Coincidentally, both are owned/run by coronavirus conspiracy theorists.

We then went to Decathlon and found some sandals and a fleece. Also we bagged some womens purple fancy hiking shorts.
I have promised her a decent large rucksack soon, to contribute to her camping/hiking hobby.
That's a great thing for kids to get into. A mate of mine has a daughter, when 10 years old she desperately wanted to go camping and climbing. I was all set, it would have been great to go out, dangle her off a cliff, abseiling, climbing up and down, all that, and then back to the tents for a dinner and a few beers but my mate was too bloody lazy. That ship has sailed now, she's grown up.

The clothes in Decathlon are mostly synthetic fibres, which I cannot wear. I find this really annoying as I like many of the designs. Without fail, anything synthetic I wear, e.g. a T-shirt makes me sweat like a pig.
You can get merino wool stuff, I have a T shirt like that, it was inexpensive and it's great. Being wool it doesn't get smelly and water doesn't make it clingy and cold and wet like cotton. You might get away with synthetics as mid layers if you had a wool base layer.

That's a great thing for kids to get into. A mate of mine has a daughter, when 10 years old she desperately wanted to go camping and climbing. I was all set, it would have been great to go out, dangle her off a cliff, abseiling, climbing up and down, all that, and then back to the tents for a dinner and a few beers but my mate was too bloody lazy. That ship has sailed now, she's grown up.

You can get merino wool stuff, I have a T shirt like that, it was inexpensive and it's great. Being wool it doesn't get smelly and water doesn't make it clingy and cold and wet like cotton. You might get away with synthetics as mid layers if you had a wool base layer.

I am allergic to wool. I tried merino a couple of times and gave the clothing away.

I cannot even wear wool/cotton mix socks. They itch like foock. (I have a granddaughter who is the same - also like me, she has to have all labels removed from clothes as she can feel them as they itch.)

I have tried bamboo/cotton mix. That is okay.

Re: granddaughters interest in camping/hiking. Yes, it is terrific to watch them develop a hobby that will never leave them.
Last year the granddaughters and I slept out under the stars for one night. Arranged it two weeks previously, and it happened to be the hottest day of last year. Blankets on the lawn, telling stories of the stars and scary stuff like vampires :) they loved it.

Finally got round to purchasing and installing a weather station. As a retired farmer I've always had a keen interest in the weather. The cheapo at our last house gradually failed bit by bit during the last few months we stayed there. Here we are 18 months later the Davis Vantage Vue has been installed at our new house. At least for Davis instruments spares are readily available.

So for the last few days we have been watching record temperatures and the breaking of the drought in spectacular showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back