1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Discussion in 'off topic' started by Gerard124, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Big Tabs

Big Tabs pants up, knee down

Today I took my eldest grandchild out shopping for clothes.

She is 10 but looks 14.

We raided the size 8 womens sale rail in Sainsbury's and picked up some bargains. She loves corduroy and dislikes anything 'girly.'

For a treat I got her a big bag of Kanzi apples.

We then went to Decathlon and found some sandals and a fleece. Also we bagged some womens purple fancy hiking shorts.
    I have promised her a decent large rucksack soon, to contribute to her camping/hiking hobby.

The clothes in Decathlon are mostly synthetic fibres, which I cannot wear. I find this really annoying as I like many of the designs. There is a lot said about the wicking properties of certain weaves or cloth when browsing the clothing range. Without fail, anything synthetic I wear, e.g. a T-shirt makes me sweat like a pig. I get the same effect with shoes.

2. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans rights matter more than your feelings

My little headless i3 hackintosh server has been quite the trooper this month for c19 protein folds. Nothing like the repurposed bitcoin mining big rigs, but that’s a great show from an 8th Gen i3 in a month.

[​IMG]

Waiting for the Hardware for the under bar and shelf in the meantime it sits on a wobbly coffee table under the desk.

[​IMG]
    It’s good keyboard, feels like an old DX7

Andrew C! likes this.
  3. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

work, had a great Teams meeting with the architects working on our new building at work.

Had a productive Teams meeting with a new recruit who lives in Bournemouth, he and his partner are avoiding the beach atm. He did say that is was crowded, but not as bad as the media were making out. Facilities like toilets are overwhelmed, but he says that is normal for a hot weekend. Worse was the litter, people pissing in the street and in residents front garden, and shitting in crisp packets and leaving it on the beach.

4. hifinutt

hifinutt hifinutt

Gross , i saw the pics of the rubbish they left ...

5. gintonic

poding broad beans for nights meatballs with broad beans and lemon.

Making some homemade taramasalata from some smoked fish roe I acquired

6. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

Neighbour over the road brought me another enormous bag of basil from his allotment so I shall add pine nuts, garlic and Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil and turn it into pesto.
    Should get at least half a litre.
    It freezes easily.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    lordsummit likes this.
  7. Peter McDermott

Peter McDermott pfm Member

A-Z CDs: Kruder Dorfmeister - The K&D Sessions

Something from 1998.

8. timH

timH pfm Member

A month or so ago i added a basil growing pot to our tesco delivery. Once it was here i divided it into four or five pieces and planted each bit into its own small pot. A couple of weeks later i put them all into a great big pot and i now have more basil than ever and its really healthy and great flavour. All for £1.50 plus time

Bob McC and Big Tabs like this.
  9. Big Tabs

we do that with basil.

I also plant out the pots of curly/flat leaf parsley, that grows well.

We have chives from a supermarket pot that lived through winter and are spreading slowly. The flowers are good to eat as well.

10. timH

timH pfm Member

Yeah i did it with thyme and coriander too but whilst they’re growing reasonably they’re nothing like the basil.

11. Big Tabs

I doubt whether you have grown coriander or basil outside, which is what I was talking about.

I also did it with rosemary, and now have 3 bushes of it and another growing in the field. Rosemary seems fussy about the soil, but I have got away with it.

12. gintonic

we are and it is ok

we have huge rosemary bush

chives and thyme have never survived in a garden

13. Bob McC

I’ve had Rosemary grow like mad here. My next door neighbour had it along the low wall along the front of his property but got rid because it was too vigorous.
    Thyme, parsley and chives grow well to.
    Basil seems to do ok until the first chilly evening, not freezing just cold, which sees it off.

14. roman

roman pfm Member

Wonderful stuff. Done the same myself. Next time you have the oven on I recommend baking some potatoes and turning them into gnocchi. Mine are imperfect looking but delicious, go well with the pesto and can go in the freezer too.

15. timH

timH pfm Member

Basil, thyme and coriander are all outside. Thyme in the ground (gravel garden) others in pots. Also have rosemary and oregano in the gravel garden

16. Bjork67

Bjork67 pfm Member

Smoking tabs drinking witches brew and just nearly won £100000 on a scratch card, and received a ban of another forum just a few days but it might be more after I queried why, I'm chilled.

17. Big Tabs

Looking forward (!) to visiting Aldi later.
    I am going to write a list, which includes chicken.

Also I am going to contact Richer Sounds in Nottingham and see if they are doing demos yet. I still need to scratch the cdp itch.

We have the Bowie Glastonbury set to watch later, I might have a beer with that.

Also we have been playing Scrabble everyday for a few days. We play in the music room, so I get to play records as well. Winner winner.

18. Bob McC

Having a new boiler fitted so I will spend the day brewing tea and watching the rain.

19. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans rights matter more than your feelings

1. Recording drums today and tomorrow. I LOVE HITTING SHIT.*
    2. Riffage
    3. Tea
    (*Shiny new earworm leapfrogged the scheduled one.)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  20. Joe Hutch

Joe Hutch Mate of the bloke

I'm banned from two. Coincidentally, both are owned/run by coronavirus conspiracy theorists.