advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
close the thread - its done......

I'm digging out my tent and gear ready to join the queue outside my local 'spoons

Tomorrow I will resume the hunt for my favourite specs. I had them three hours ago, and have searched the house from top to bottom without luck. Twice. I’m reduced to eyeing the jackdaws suspiciously. Bloody coronavirus!
I’m sure you have all been losing sleep about this for the last seven weeks, so you ought to know I found them today, hidden between the branches of a patio rose whose pot I decided to weed. How they got there I’m not exactly sure, but I think the jackdaws can be excluded from the list of suspects. Aroogah!

Keyboard arrives today: Now “Nazi Furs F*** Off” is released it has stopped tormenting my mind’s ear and I am already playing with variant chorus/verse riffs of “(Fell in love with a) Girl In A Fursuit”. Horn sections, and all. Time will tell if I overreach.

Post release party tonight via a very small group chat with friends in the USA, We are having a synchronised She Ra and Beastars (I’m In team Lugoshi.) binge maybe hang out and watch them play some animal crossing on Twitch. I miss my US friends hard so I’m going to cook fancy as if they were here.
  • Marinading a block of tofu in sugar* and soy sauce with chilli and ginger for tonight. Served with crispy fried ramen and Bok Choi. Star fruit, White jasmine rice.
  • Tray of wasabi, cucumber, avocado, pepper and toasted shitake nori rolls (bodega sushimi style)
  • I have a sesame garlic/chilli dip under saran-wrap just trim fresh spring onion stalks Into & serve
  • Making umeboshi and pickled ginger popcorn
  • Green Rice Tea

*I’d originally thought Honey but this means vegans could have eaten it if they were here.

I don’t drink alcohol so lots of Nanny State PunkAF IPA and Ghost Ship nonalcoholic beer.

Considering tempura veggies/sweet chilli dipping sauce and optional dry-fried onions. Too much?

Last edited:
I am already annoyed/upset today.

A man tried to stare me down in Sainsbury's because I asked about where the queue for the till was.
He was in front of me with a case of beer.

He looked at me like I had pissed down his leg. And he kept staring...

It is at times like this that one makes a decision, and at least I didn't get into a fight.

I did stare him out, even when he shot me the daggers a few times. I half expected to see him waiting for me outside the store.

He was younger and fitter than me, I am on one elbow crutch and leaning on a trolley with the other hand.

Good job the wife wasn't with me, she has a short fuse.

Had these last night, they’re incredibly good and no dairy content,

AZzN6oU.jpg

I am already annoyed/upset today.

A man tried to stare me down in Sainsbury's because I asked about where the queue for the till was.
He was in front of me with a case of beer.

He looked at me like I had pissed down his leg. And he kept staring...

It is at times like this that one makes a decision, and at least I didn't get into a fight.

I did stare him out, even when he shot me the daggers a few times. I half expected to see him waiting for me outside the store.

He was younger and fitter than me, I am on one elbow crutch and leaning on a trolley with the other hand.

Good job the wife wasn't with me, she has a short fuse.
He would be a frightened man with a slab of lager, it’s easier for a lot of men to show anger instead of fear. Sorry you had to deal with this.

I miss my US friends hard so I’m going to cook fancy as if they were here.
  • Marinading a block of tofu in sugar* and soy sauce with chilli and ginger for tonight.
*I’d originally thought Honey but this means vegans could have eaten it if they were here.

I don’t drink alcohol so lots of Nanny State PunkAF IPA and Ghost Ship nonalcoholic beer.
It’s very considerate of you to base your meal around the dietary requirements of someone who you know won’t be there. There must be a word for it - please can someone find it, so it can be word of the day for tomorrow?

I can assure you 100% that I will be able not to be there too - although as of now I haven’t yet been invited not to attend - so would you mind put a bottle of Rochefort among the alcohol-free for me not to enjoy?

He would be a frightened man with a slab of lager, it’s easier for a lot of men to show anger instead of fear. Sorry you had to deal with this.

I am just glad nothing happened.
It felt like one of those situations that go from zero to 'get security' in an blink.

In my favour, I look like I can dish it out. Years of using crutches has given me muscular shoulders.
Also I was wearing a face mask, and my chunky eyebrows and dark eyes convey threat quite well if I have a mind to.
What is not obvious is that I cannot make a fist very well, and my wrist doesn't bend much.

Paddington taught me well.

It’s very considerate of you to base your meal around the dietary requirements of someone who you know won’t be there. There must be a word for it - please can someone find it, so it can be word of the day for tomorrow?

It’s what I would make for potluck, It’s a way of imagining I’m closer to my stateside family & friends.
**** it, tempura veggies, yeah.

Yes, I learned from twitter that writing less is better but takes much longer
Ah. I don’t do social media at all (I guess ‘social’ makes that obvious) so I haven’t grasped that yet. I was going to give ‘virtue-signalling’ the thumbs-down for Word Of The Day (the sort of lazy pejorative that has led me to avoid all the political threads here) but was rather taken with ‘polycule’, especially now I’ve looked it up. Of course now you have pruned those sections out, it’s possible only you and I understand this post.

went to the office for the first time in 3 months to pack up my stuff ready for a huge refurbishment - my current and newly refurbished space are south facing, huge windows - 37 degrees in there this morning. Thankfully the shiny new space will have some AC

repairing a car park in a community car park , midday in wickes queued for nearly an hour , finally got in an loaded trolley . got to checkout ...and no cash accepted ... should have remembered i guess . I was pretty upset i can tell you and a wonderful chap from keir construction helped me out and paid ... Amazing guy ... I was very grateful i can tell you !!!

Was awake at 5 this morning.

Went for a walk before it got too hot, only 3 miles today, I was running out of water.

Got the cushions out for our patio furniture and sorted out mrs seagull's summer house for the day.

Now working in my home office, window open and fan on with a glass of iced water.

Going in to the office tomorrow to pick up a new laptop. My other new laptop doesn't want to play.

Will have to spend much of next week installing and setting up all the software tools that I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back