advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown III?

Just back from our regular walk along a section of the Macclesfield canal near Bollington.
Today’s interest was a herd of young cattle that came charging across the bridge overhead and ran round the field making a racket until they came to the waters edge for a drink.
Further on the heron we usually see was standing statuesque as a gaggle of Canada geese swam past.
Quite a few narrow boats were active today.

For the first time in about a year and a half I have been to pool/water physiotherapy.

The Wife advised that I don’t stay too long, so I ignored that and stayed a bit longer.
Back home now having coffee and aching all over. If I keep it up regularly then in about 3 months I might start to feel some benefit. The Lifeguard at the about a yard deep pool was attentive, and asked if I was okay when screaming a bit in pain. I reassured the young man that this is normal.
The pool water is about 30°C. so just right for me, I can’t get into cold water.

Hopefully today I will finish setting up a laptop for eldest Gee Kid. I am not doing anything for at least an hour. Might need some more pain killers.

Later Edit:
Called at the Headway Charity shop to drop off some Elvis albums, and someone had donated some L.P’s. For the first time in a long time there is some sellable records in the box.
5 Blondie albums, an early Police L.P. James Taylor, and even a Bowie album (Let’s Dance)
plus many others that will sell easily. Even a Rolling Stones compilation double album that isn’t scratched to hell. :)
The ‘straight in the bin,’ pile is still bigger than the ‘Worth Selling,’ pile.

Last edited:
Not been back to the pool yet, too much ache going on.

Finally stopped diazepam for ‘downstairs’ pain, and started Baclofen - as an anti-spasm /muscle relaxer drug. The dose is supposed to increase - titrate to effect.
Some less-than-pleasant potential side-effects that I am looking out for.

More irony as Baclofen is the drug that my Grandson who has Cerebral Palsy has to take to combat his spasticity…

After a few days on Baclofen, it doesn’t work as well as the Diazepam. Yet. Ballsache back with a bullet. Very tiresome.

On the plus side, The Wife cooked pork belly and cabbage. Little tiny potatoes, less than a golf ball size, yum.

Not sure if this thread has been completely replaced by the "Today I have been....."

But thought I would continue here with:

A-Z CDs: The Tallest Man On Earth - The Wild Hunt

Yes it might be a case of Bob Dylan's voice transplanted into a Swedish bloke, but still a great record.

Today my long awaited Swytch electric bike conversion kit arrived. Ordered on the 30th March it felt like it would never arrive as I missed the whole summer. Installing it was fairly easy and 8.30 tonight I whizzed up and down a farm track in the dark. A proper trial bike ride tomorrow will see how it fares but so far looking good.

advertisement

Back