advertisement

What are you going to do whilst in lockdown III?

A-Z CDs: Sufjan Stevens- Come on feel the Illinoise followed by The Avalanche

Illinoise is one of my all-time favourite albums. The fact the The Avalanche is outtakes and extras from that album but is also brilliant shows, to me, what a purple patch he was going through.

Off to play my weekly round of golf this morning.
Not often I pack factor 50, a sun hat and 2 litres of water.

Not a bad day so far.

Early start with spectacular (they all are) argument with The Wife. She does loud very well.
I have no idea what it was about, but I always want to laugh when I am being given an earful.

We think that I am allowed to go back to small heated pool physiotherapy.
I will have a go at getting back to an almost daily routine of an hour of pool physio most days.
It is going to be painful. Still looking forward to it.

Dropped into the Headway shop and picked up about 50 donated albums. Not been through them yet, but if I find 3 that are worth putting in the shop I will be surprised.
There is an old L.P. storage box, which will clean up and go in the shop. Looks circa 1980’s by the colours of it. (white ish base with alternate diagonal pinstripes of 3 colours.) Looks at least worth a Fiver in the shop. Gonna flick through them next.

Fish based food later. Don’t know what? Tuna or salmon I guess.

Might get around to walking in the field, which I have avoided as it has been too hot. Nettles will have grown, so thrashing with walking sticks anticipated.

I have a laptop to pick up later, but will do it tomorrow.

Edit:
Lots of Elvis in the box, most of it VG+ or better. Some of the sleeves have seen better days.
No early Elvis. Mostly reissues. Doesn’t matter, folks still buy Elvis, as long as a clean copy and not priced too high. A couple of Sly Stallone film soundtracks, might be able to scrape £9 each for them in the shop. Rocky IV and RAMBO First Blood Part II :)

Last edited:
Picked up new laptop for G-Kid.
It is asking for me to sign in with Microsoft.
!
Update - it is about 2 hours since I exclaimed.
I have found out that I don’t have a microsoft account.
Made one.
I am in.

I need tea. My head hurts.

Picked up new laptop for G-Kid.
It is asking for me to sign in with Microsoft.
!
Update - it is about 2 hours since I exclaimed.
I have found out that I don’t have a microsoft account.
Made one.
I am in.

I need tea. My head hurts.

Why are there such difficulties? I am not required to sign in to Microsoft accounts.

Health and Safety Essentials for line managers
Enjoy!
I have a large backlog of loads of different online training courses, most of no relevance to my job, but they are compulsory. Working at heights? In an company that makes (basically) electronic assemblies?

Still farting about with the new laptop.
It is updating summat.
Not going to turn the S thing off till it becomes an issue.
Will talk to Eldest G-Kid about what is required. I want to have Cortana and Alexa turned off, as with most things that access mics/cameras. (not all)

The Wife has reminded me that We have agreed to have care for Grandson #1 tonight. Till the morrow comes. Great. He is a joy. We will tire the chap out before trying to put him to bed. :)

I have had many mugs of tea.

Enjoy!
I have a large backlog of loads of different online training courses, most of no relevance to my job, but they are compulsory. Working at heights? In an company that makes (basically) electronic assemblies?

this is actually relevant but dreary - and was via teams. Online ones include Manual Handling, and COSHH neither of which are relevant

this is actually relevant but dreary - and was via teams. Online ones include Manual Handling, and COSHH neither of which are relevant
Yes, we have some similar ones that are relevant. Problem is, since the company changed hands, the new parent company introduced their own courses, renewal of which all fall at the same time

Grandson slept all night, :) phew.

Found a list of Olympic country codes, as we didn’t know IRI

Love watching Table Tennis. I used to play a lot. (I was very pleased when I found out that The Wife could play T.T. as well.) Enjoyed watching some Archery as well. Amazing, the South Korean’s deserved it, the Dutch not far off. Also caught some gymnastics, most of which looks like an injury could happen any second. I like the Floor and Bars best, but it is all bonkers.
(I used to handstand/cartwheel/walk on my hands, and a couple of things that I can’t remember the name of. I wanted to learn no-handed Cartwheels, I could do one hand easy. )

Olympic country codes here >
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IOC_country_codes

0kacg1w.jpg
Went in for a dip

looks beautiful !

cleaning all morning and paying bills

spent all afternoon assisting friend with solicitor forms etc for a house sale .

"Chant De Femmes" being well sampled in the dance music world. No idea what it was until now - thanks!

Playing the album again now.

the first tune on side-B ‘Solo De Flûte’ is used on some Mark Stewart or Keith Leblanc On-U Sounds stuff. I think. Sure sounds like it to me.

A sample from this. Solo De Flûte - found it on youtube.

more shelves

run out of network ports on one of the switches that supports upstairs. Need a 16 port Gb PoE switch....

cooking a 3 meat (beef shin, pork shoulder and lamb neck), 4 hour ragu

advertisement

Back